Is it possible to bypass the Samsung Gallery altogether and have pictures taken with the Samsung Camera app just go to Google Photos?

Sorry for the noob question. Never had a Samsung and just switched from iOS.
    06-10-2018 11:28 AM
    Nope... but yes. No, because technically there's no way to 'bypass' the Gallery and set GPhotos as the default viewer (your camera isn't saving 'to Gallery', it's saving to a folder that the Gallery just happens to display). However, Google Photos IS a Gallery app, so pictures taken with the camera that go to the Camera folder, WILL be displayed in Google Photos. What you can control is if those pictures are saved to the cloud in Google Photos (Sync) or not, but regardless, if you open the Photos app in your phone, you'll still see all local files as you would with your stock Gallery app; Google Photos, however, will also show your cloud content in the main tab (there's a tab that will show only local folders, just like the Gallery app).
    LCW likes this.
    06-10-2018 11:34 AM
    Thanks for info. So many options in Android it's a little confusing but I'm getting the hang of it.
    06-10-2018 11:59 AM
    Hey LCw how are you handling the switch. I just came back after 4 years away on iOS. Still going through the motions. It’s been 4 days. My biggest issue is the apps look and work so much better on the iPhone than they do.
    06-10-2018 12:43 PM
    Definitely will be an adaptation period but so far 99% of what I use is available. Less polish but in some cases more usability. Biggest thing will be not having imessage and I just uploaded my whole photo library to Google photos.

Will give it an honest couple of months.
    06-10-2018 01:09 PM
    Yes, iMessage has been a challenge not having. I was just bored with iOS and want to switch it up. I figure I’ll give it until the next iPhone X comes out in September and see how I feel at that point. Being on T-Mobile, having an upgrade every 30 months helps in this case. Polish is a good word, in regards to the apps from android versus iOS
    SpookDroid likes this.
    06-10-2018 01:51 PM
    I’m about to make the same jump as you guys. Been away (mostly) for about 2.5 years. I’m just tired of iOS and Apple in general. Hope if I can finally pull the trigger I can handle it. My thought process is to at least use it until the Pixel 3 comes out and reconvene at that point.
    06-10-2018 10:03 PM
    Yes, iMessage has been a challenge not having. I was just bored with iOS and want to switch it up. I figure I’ll give it until the next iPhone X comes out in September and see how I feel at that point. Being on T-Mobile, having an upgrade every 30 months helps in this case. Polish is a good word, in regards to the apps from android versus iOS
    Love JOD! as well, even better now that they made it every 30 days hehe (not that I'd find any good phones that often, but still,nice to be able to do so).
    06-11-2018 12:19 PM