I have just got a new galaxy s9.
    Since I've had it I no longer get notifications from Google hangouts, eBay, PayPal and others.
    I've checked settings they are on allow. I've uninstalled and reinstalled apps. I've cleared data and cache and looked on the app forums too...
    It's driving me mad. Can anyone help
    06-10-2018 01:03 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! So you do get notifications from other apps, though, correct? Do you have any power-saving modes turned on, or 3rd party battery-saver or "RAM booster" apps installed? Go to Settings>Data Usage​ -- is Restrict Background Data turned on?
    06-10-2018 04:48 PM
    Just going to add to B. Diddy's idea here:

Check your RAM and power saving settings. I routinely have to exempt all of these kinds of apps from being put to sleep by the system, as it nukes notifications along with saving memory/battery/etc. Not worth it for me. Sammy has a built in optimizer that will do this automatically, too, which is seriously irritating (if you run the optimizer, it will put apps to sleep for you, without telling you which ones it did this to, and you'll need to go in and manually exempt these apps from the list of apps to be "optimized").

Funny how "optimizing" somehow means "lose functionality" these days. And I have an S9 as well, btw, but I've had mine since launch.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-11-2018 11:15 AM
    Sammy has a built in optimizer that will do this automatically, too, which is seriously irritating (if you run the optimizer, it will put apps to sleep for you, without telling you which ones it did this to, and you'll need to go in and manually exempt these apps from the list of apps to be "optimized").
    Ugh. Let me guess -- "Powered by Clean Master"?
    06-11-2018 12:47 PM
    Ugh. Let me guess -- "Powered by Clean Master"?
    Yeah, it's bad, but not "Clean Master" bad! I've just whitelisted the apps I want running in the background, and that mostly works, but I'm having trouble with Tasker profiles triggering a few minutes late sometimes. This has been the case on every Samsung phone I've ever owned, and only on Samsung phones. It's frustrating, to say the least, to hear notifications from my phone in the middle of a meeting or at church when Tasker should've switched it to DND.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-11-2018 01:22 PM
    It isn't Clean Master anymore. It's 360 Security (or something like that) now. Not like that's really any better, though!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-11-2018 01:37 PM
    It's 360 Security (or something like that) now.
    Yeah, that's pretty much a lateral move.
    06-11-2018 04:21 PM