Volume Warning

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I am so annoyed every time I want to turn the volume up on my S9 I get the pop up warning about th volume. Does anyone know of a way to disable this pop up. So many times I want to turn up the volume while the phone is in my pocket and can't until I dismiss the pop up.

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I haven't found a way either, I agree it can be quite annoying, samsung needs to put a "Dont Show Again" option

Last edited:

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
This has been a issue with every samsung phone that I can remember. I want to say if you're using a bluetooth headset it can remember your choice/volume but I'm not 100%

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This has been a issue with every samsung phone that I can remember. I want to say if you're using a bluetooth headset it can remember your choice/volume but I'm not 100%
It's not just a Samsung thing, but rather Android itself. All phones have this now. I haven't found a way to completely stop it, but I have had mixed success with this app. I still got the nag message, just not as often as I did without the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jakebasile.android.hearingsaver

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I was tired of this and it is actually counter productive to what they are trying to accomplish. They are trying to cover their butt for liability to hearing loss but they will cause an accident because I have to fiddle when launching music in my car.

I used to use tasker but I don't have it on my phone anymore. So I created a bixby quick command called "Play Bluetooth Audio." This cranks my volume and opens music with one command.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
It's not just a Samsung thing, but rather Android itself. All phones have this now. I haven't found a way to completely stop it, but I have had mixed success with this app. I still got the nag message, just not as often as I did without the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jakebasile.android.hearingsaver

They don't though... My last 3 HTCs didn't have it and my G7 doesn't. I only know about it because my wife's last phone had it.
The nonsense bit of it is that if you use high-impedance headphones like I do, full-volume might not be loud at all, but you still have to endure the annoying warning.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
They don't though... My last 3 HTCs didn't have it and my G7 doesn't. I only know about it because my wife's last phone had it.
My HTC M8, LG G4, and LG V20 have all had this message pop up, and it's been asked about here for other phones as well. I guess it's possible that some variants of phones may not have it, but my point that this is not just a Samsung issue still stands.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It annoys me as well, but honestly it is one gesture for my entire music session. I know, medical advances in hearing aids and implants almost make it okay to pound ones own labyrinth mounted ossicles into haptic euphoria :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I had this issue on my Honor 8; but I seem to remember disabling the notification - perhaps because it was an EMUI OS. Haven't attempted a solution with my Pixel 2 yet. Thank you for the app recommendation!

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
The nonsense bit of it is that if you use high-impedance headphones like I do, full-volume might not be loud at all, but you still have to endure the annoying warning.
Every smartphone I've ever owned has had it.

LG V20.

Samsung Galaxy S, S2, S3, S5, Note 4, and S9+.