I just received my Samsung Galaxy S9 and so far I love it.
    A few questions though, especially coming from an iPhone environment.

1. I noticed right on the Home screen, there is this white looking line near the lock/power button. Is that normal or defective? Please see attached image.

2. I downloaded the Outlook app from the Play Store, and I do receive email notifications on the lock screen but when I unlock my phone, the badge icon does not seem to appear on the Outlook app. Is this a bug or something? My goal is to not receive email notifications on the lock screen and only want to see a badge icon on the Outlook app.

3. I keep on getting these system notifications on my phone. How can I ONLY receive notifications only from Messages, Phone, and Email and excluding all other Apps and System notifications? I get system app notices all the time on my lock screen and its annoying.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails My new Samsung Galaxy S9 with a few questions-capture.png  
    06-15-2018 12:00 AM
    The "line" you're seeing is the Edge Screen. If you look on YouTube I'm sure there is plenty of videos on how to use it. It's quite useful.
    As for your Outlook question, I have no idea. Sorry.
    And regarding your system notifications, if you long press on them in the status bar you will have a toggle to shut them off and save the setting.
    06-15-2018 12:17 AM
    You mean on the notification bar at the top?
    It gives me options to Clear or go directly go to the Notification Settings.

Can you please explain in detail?

Thanks.
    06-15-2018 12:20 AM
    You mean on the notification bar at the top?
    It gives me options to Clear or go directly go to the Notification Settings.

Can you please explain in detail?

Thanks.
    When the notification shows up in your bar at the top, just long press. You should see a toggle to shut off notifications for that app.
    06-15-2018 12:32 AM
    It should look something like this.
    06-15-2018 12:33 AM
    1. That white line is the Edge Screen Panel handle.
    Slide it to the left to open the edge panel and scroll through the different panels.
    You can control the size, placement and visibility of the handle by going to settings>>Display>>Edge Screen>>Edge Panels
    then tap the 3 dots on the upper right corner of the screen and tap Edge Panel Handle.
    Setting the transparency to High will make the handle disappear but you'd still have the edge screen functionality.

2. Open Settings>>Notifications
    Find Outlook and make sure you have App Icon Badges set to On.
    Also, under 'On Lock Screen' choose Do Not Show Notifications.
    I don't have Outlook, so there might be another step before you can get to this configuration page. If you can't find it, post a screenshot of the Outlook Notifications page and it'll be easier for me to help

3. When you receive a notification that you don't want to see again, pull the notifications panel down, slide the notification slightly to the left and you'll see a little cog and a bell. Tap the cog and it'll take you to this notification's settings. From there you can completely turn it off.
    06-15-2018 12:35 AM
    Thanks for the quick responses.
    I have the badge icons enabled. My guess, is that this is a bug unless other people here can come up with other ideas or thoughts.

Overall, I’m very impressed with this phone.
    06-15-2018 01:09 AM
    Do you get icon badges for other apps?
    06-15-2018 01:34 AM
    2. I downloaded the Outlook app from the Play Store, and I do receive email notifications on the lock screen but when I unlock my phone, the badge icon does not seem to appear on the Outlook app. Is this a bug or something? My goal is to not receive email notifications on the lock screen and only want to see a badge icon on the Outlook app.
    I assume that you are using Oreo on your S9. If you are and you swipe away or dismiss those notifications in the notification tray you will NOT see a badge on the Outlook app for message count. This also happens to all other apps in Oreo. It is an Oreo thing.
    06-15-2018 09:29 AM
    I assume Oreo is Android 8? Its been long time since I used an Android phone.
    Must be on Android 8. Just got the phone a few days ago. I tend to swipe away the banners from the lock screen and inside the Home screen as well.

So here is my goal.

I want to receive ONLY Badge Icons for the Outlook app without receiving email notifications on the Lock Screen. I only want to receive missed Messages and Phone calls on the Lock Screen with of course Hidden Content (for security and privacy reasons). This is what I need.
    06-15-2018 12:18 PM
    I assume Oreo is Android 8? Its been long time since I used an Android phone.
    Must be on Android 8. Just got the phone a few days ago. I tend to swipe away the banners from the lock screen and inside the Home screen as well.

So here is my goal.

I want to receive ONLY Badge Icons for the Outlook app without receiving email notifications on the Lock Screen. I only want to receive missed Messages and Phone calls on the Lock Screen with of course Hidden Content (for security and privacy reasons). This is what I need.
    Try this, Go to Settings
    Lock Screen and Security
    Notifications
    Scroll down and under "Advanced" click "Show notifications from"
    Find Outlook and disable the notifications
    06-15-2018 12:44 PM
    The option below works, finally!!! Thanks so much to all.

Try this, Go to Settings
    Lock Screen and Security
    Notifications
    Scroll down and under "Advanced" click "Show notifications from"
    Find Outlook and disable the notifications
    06-15-2018 12:48 PM