Recommendations for a phpne/dialer app to replace the stock Samsung version.

karelj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a fan of the Samsung phone app and I am hoping that I can get some recommendations for a replacement. I tried installing the apk for the Google Phone app that comes with the Pixel 2, but the installation attempts always failed.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
anyone tried drupe?
I did. Hated it. However there are warnings about drupe in that android blacklist i posted earlier.

https://androidblacklist.org/2018/01/24/drupe-contacts-phone-dialer-caller-id-drupe/
67206519c57ab128f73d1a908f8f794a.jpg

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just curious why you would change phone dialers? Not trying to start anything, just wanting opinions. Maybe I'm missing something.

karelj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Just curious why you would change phone dialers? Not trying to start anything, just wanting opinions. Maybe I'm missing something.

It's just an issue of look and feel. I am coming over from Windows Phone and still dealing with the adjustment phase.

davidewart

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
I'm a former Windows Phone user too. The dialer app icon disappeared from phone today, and the Samsung help agent said it was because the default Samsung Caller app is not compatible with Microsoft's Arrow launcher - which I have been using from Day One with my S8. So not sure why it is suddenly an issue today. But I now am also looking for a new dialer app.

CMercs

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
personally, I hate LGs default dialer. and it hasn't gotten any love in years. i'm currently using exdialer but am dumping my LG for the new Sony. I had Sony before and LOVED there dialer better than anyone else's so far.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy phones already have the best phone Dialer with spam protection
plus you can theme your phone dialer from samsung theme store. i don't understand why you need a replacement for?
unless you have a cheap phone or very old phone

karelj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what that Samsung Agent is going on about. I still have the Samsung dialer icon available and the app still works.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Since getting the Pixel 2 I love the simplicity of the Google dialer. That said I never really had issues with any others, though I would say LG's was probably my least favorite but it was never bad enough to replace it. Samsung's is good to. Honestly I think it's pretty hard to screw that app up.

EpicIncognitO

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
I would steer clear of truecaller.

Read this article. On my phone I never registered with truecaller I rarely got apam calls. On the one registered to truecaller I had endless spam calls.

https://androidblacklist.org/2017/07/27/truecaller-caller-id-dialer/

Absolutely!!
TrueCaller is something no one should use but everyone does. And you can see the effects of it anyway. Whenever you install it, you upload your contacts and information to its servers for others to see. And I am not comfortable with it. Also noticed that the people who use it get more spam calls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith