I saw an article that said the S9 and S9+ were the top selling smartphones in April and that they were ahead of the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8+. However, if you google it there are tons of articles saying that he S9 isn’t selling well, so I was just wondering what everyone’s take is on here?

My thought is that it is probably selling just fine but people are frustrated that they did not come out with a new design. That being said, I still feel that the combination of design and software make it the best Android phone out there for a while. The Pixel probably beats it on software but it’s design is so outdated that I’m passing on it for now.
    06-17-2018 06:33 PM
    I imagine most s8 owners didn't upgrade but other than that I bet it's good. Very solid phone.
    missmotta and tube517 like this.
    06-17-2018 07:00 PM
    Being the top selling doesn't mean that they're selling the numbers they expected. The articles about the S9 sales are low that I've seen only state that they're selling less than expected. However, if you look at the field today compared to last year, you'd see that a number of people are actually going for last year's flagships or mid rangers instead of the flagships. Midrangers have improved to the point that they're completely capable of doing everything flagships can with less overhead. And the S8 is still a perfectly capable phone without any real drawbacks when compared to the S9, and the Note8 vs S9+, and yet both are cheaper.

Considering that the iPhone X also did not sell as much and has a viable same gen alternative in the iPhone 8+, they're cannibalizing each other's sales as well.
    I saw an article that said the S9 and S9+ were the top selling smartphones in April and that they were ahead of the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and 8+. However, if you google it there are tons of articles saying that he S9 isn’t selling well, so I was just wondering what everyone’s take is on here?

My thought is that it is probably selling just fine but people are frustrated that they did not come out with a new design. That being said, I still feel that the combination of design and software make it the best Android phone out there for a while. The Pixel probably beats it on software but it’s design is so outdated that I’m passing on it for now.
    torbach1 likes this.
    06-17-2018 07:05 PM
    it is selling well but I think mostly S9+ ...I too read a article than S9+ was no 1 selling in april
    06-17-2018 07:06 PM
    S9+ is one of the top selling phones now and it's a solid device
    06-18-2018 09:39 AM
    I'm tempted, as Cricket as it for $499 and I believe their network is compatible with At&t and there is no contract.

https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell...galaxy-s9.html
    06-18-2018 07:04 PM
    I have no idea but I know I'm returning mine once I get home from this business trip. The battery life on it is just average and it's still stuck on the February security patch which is unacceptable for me.
    06-18-2018 10:14 PM
    I would say that it should sell well. this is my first and only Samsung. s9 not +. I'm content with it. if Verizon would stop shutting out the key1 or 2 thus far I'd probably be on that but s9 was a good one to try
    06-21-2018 05:56 AM
    I have no idea but I know I'm returning mine once I get home from this business trip. The battery life on it is just average and it's still stuck on the February security patch which is unacceptable for me.
    My s9+ AT&T was updated to June security yesterday, June 22. 18
    06-22-2018 04:51 AM
    What was it before that patch?
    My s9+ AT&T was updated to June security yesterday, June 22. 18
    06-22-2018 07:29 AM
    What was it before that patch?
    It was still on Feb.
    06-22-2018 07:43 AM
    If the article is accurate, then, No.

https://www.sammobile.com/2018/06/22...pments-target/

It appears Samsung might have miscalculated the demand for the Galaxy S9 and S9+ based on initial reception from customers. Contrary to the earlier optimism, analysts are now projecting the annual sales of the Galaxy S9/S9+ to be around 30 million. If that turns out to be true, it will place the latest Galaxy flagships at the bottom of the Galaxy S series sales charts since 2012.
    06-22-2018 02:35 PM
    If the article is accurate, then, No.

https://www.sammobile.com/2018/06/22...pments-target/

It appears Samsung might have miscalculated the demand for the Galaxy S9 and S9+ based on initial reception from customers. Contrary to the earlier optimism, analysts are now projecting the annual sales of the Galaxy S9/S9+ to be around 30 million. If that turns out to be true, it will place the latest Galaxy flagships at the bottom of the Galaxy S series sales charts since 2012.
    This is what I meant. It's the lowest selling Galaxy S, but it doesn't mean that it can't top the charts. 30 million is still big, and from what I am seeing we're having a down year in terms of sales overall. I mean usually if Samsung suffers, Apple surges, and it doesn't seem that way since Apple already stopped production of the X due to miscalculation for demand. LG isn't breaking any records either, and if anything the only one that seems to have seen great growth is Xiaomi in Asia where they finally started expanding the Mi Shops to more countries. Huawei seems to be staying put, so I guess growth in Asia is probably offset by consumer perceptions in the West after the US government thing. I'm seeing they're mid rangers selling well though. Nokia also surged into the top 10/11 smartphone makers though.

The Galaxy S9 low sales though I feel is the same as the slightly lower sales for the iPhone 7: Everybody else is waiting on the 10th anniversary gig. Not sure globally, but here in my country iPhone 6S and 7 sales surged after the release of the 8 and X after the people got disappointed as they expected more. The 7 wasn't selling so good before that.
    06-22-2018 08:20 PM
    So the T-Mobile update for June arrived today. I'm hoping it will improve standby battery life. The S8+ battery life is better than the S9+.
    Jrome.brooks likes this.
    06-22-2018 10:08 PM
    So the T-Mobile update for June arrived today. I'm hoping it will improve standby battery life. The S8+ battery life is better than the S9+.
    It did improve it dramatically
    06-23-2018 01:54 PM
    Where did you read Apple stopped producing X? Making things up...........
    06-23-2018 02:13 PM
    It did improve it dramatically
    Not for me so far. I'll boot up in safe mode and see how it does.
    06-23-2018 02:33 PM
    I didn't post that, but perhaps the person who posted read one of the articles like this one. But I would argue that all this article is showing is that Apple is expecting to sell 20% less of the iPhone X than they had projected. They've still sold tons of them.

https://www.tahawultech.com/news/app...e-parts-by-20/
    06-23-2018 02:37 PM
    Dude a simple "Apple Halts iPhone X production" Google search gives you more than 1 million hits. Samsung also suffered losses from Apple cancelling shipments of OLED screens which they use to make the iPhone X. Apple can't make more iPhone Xs without OLED screens you know.

Also halting production simply means they have an oversupply, which means they're selling less than they thought.
    06-23-2018 09:55 PM
    07-04-2018 04:35 PM