Has anyone switched from the S9 Plus to the smaller S9?

I currently have the S9 Plus and the S9 and I am trying to decide which one to keep. The iphone X is the perfect size for me and the S9 is closest to that. BUT, I do like the dual cameras and the RAM bump on the S9 Plus. It's just disheartening that Samsung decided to remove (or leave out) some of the hardware features from the smaller S9.
    06-19-2018 08:34 AM
    Hi!

I have tiny hands so the smaller version is easier to hold for sure( i have an s8 right now tho`) but i think the S9 Plus has more to offer. Think of what you do with the device first, second about numbers. Do you take a lot of pictures, do you use apps that need a lot of RAM, do you tend to drop the device right on your face?
    For example: i watch a lot of Netflix on my phone so a bigger screen is a +; i need a good camera but i'm not set on that so just the one i have does the job.
    Good luck !
    06-19-2018 09:04 AM
    That battery life is going to be a factor stick to the plus
    06-19-2018 09:16 AM
    Hi!

I have tiny hands so the smaller version is easier to hold for sure( i have an s8 right now tho`) but i think the S9 Plus has more to offer. Think of what you do with the device first, second about numbers. Do you take a lot of pictures, do you use apps that need a lot of RAM, do you tend to drop the device right on your face?
    For example: i watch a lot of Netflix on my phone so a bigger screen is a +; i need a good camera but i'm not set on that so just the one i have does the job.
    Good luck !
    I do take a good number of pics of my kids. I don't use apps that need a lot of RAM (I don't really play games on my phone). The only thing i watch on my phone is youtube, and I don't need a bigger screen for that. (I use my iPad for Netflix).

I don't know what you mean by the bolded question though. Can you elaborate?
    06-19-2018 11:53 AM
    That battery life is going to be a factor stick to the plus
    That's not really a factor for me. I keep a wireless charger at my desk at work. I put my phone on the charger when I'm not using it.

This discussion is really helping me. Thank you for replying!
    06-19-2018 11:54 AM
    I have the regular S9. Switched from an iPhone X recently. I went S9 instead of S9+ because it was nearer in size to the X. Got tired of the bulk on previous iPhone Pluses I owned. Consider the S9+ but just too big for me, both for pocketability and one handed use. I carry my phone in my front pocket. Hate the rear pocket trend.

In any case, battery life won't break any records but it's still very much acceptable to me. Similar to the iPhone X I think.

Ram: 4GB instead of 6GB. Haven't really noticed any issues because of that so far but I can't compare to an S9+ since I don't have one.

2nd camera: Was used to that on the X, but it's not something I used tremendously. More so for 2x zoom rather than using for "portrait mode". So again, wasn't a deal breaker for me. The important dual aperture (for low light) is there on the single camera of the S9.
    queenren likes this.
    06-19-2018 01:43 PM
    I had the iPhone 7 Plus and chose to go for the S9. I mainly did it because it's so slim and easier to use one handed. Camera is working great for me. Battery life isn't an issue. I work in real estate so when I'm in my car I throw it on my fast charger.
    queenren likes this.
    06-19-2018 01:56 PM
    I am in the process of the switch myself. I went from a regular S8 to the S9+ and I just ordered a regular S9. I missed the size of the S8. I will probably keep the S9+ and use it when the dual camera is needed.
    06-19-2018 08:59 PM
    I don't know what you mean by the bolded question though. Can you elaborate?
    It was a joke mainly. A lot of people use their phones lying in bed over their faces and some manage to drop it hurting themselves.
    06-20-2018 02:07 AM
    It was a joke mainly. A lot of people use their phones lying in bed over their faces and some manage to drop it hurting themselves.
    Oh. LOL. That's funny. And also true!!
    06-20-2018 09:47 AM
    you have small hands, LOL. lmao
    06-20-2018 12:01 PM
    I am SO glad to learn I'm not the only clumsy soul out there! LOL Oh yes, I've dropped my phone on my face more times than I care to admit. But, that is no longer an issue. It's also not an issue that I have small hands a the S9+. In fact, holding my phone just got easier than EVER thanks to using a phone "ring". This little gadget has been life changing. I first had a Pop Socket but this is even easier and more versatile since it doesn't require two fingers. It's also used as a stand/prop. Hard to believe everyone doesn't use one!

I chose the S9+ for that gorgeous large screen, more RAM, dual cam, larger battery (and now uber easy to hold)

Switch from the S9 Plus to the regular S9-ring.jpg
    queenren likes this.
    06-21-2018 12:08 AM
    For any who care (lol), I decided to stay with my S9+. My aging eyes kind of made the decision for me. The larger screen helps a lot!
    06-22-2018 06:21 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ring.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	348.6 KB 
ID:	285664
    That is a very pretty ring. Where did you get that?
    06-22-2018 06:22 AM
    I charge my phone wirelessly everywhere. Work, home, car, everywhere. I wish I could use one of these for the convenience. I love the colors too!
    06-22-2018 09:15 AM
    I switched from the S9 to S9+ because the S9 felt a little too small in my hands and, as queenren mentioned, the S9+ is easier on the aging eyes. My first touchscreen smart phone was the Samsung Focus with Windows Phone 7. There is no way I can use that again with its 4 inch screen.
    The size of the s9+ is taking some getting used to, but I think I made the right choice.
    queenren likes this.
    06-22-2018 02:08 PM
    That is a very pretty ring. Where did you get that?
    Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...cUvbUpU6270856
    queenren likes this.
    06-23-2018 01:22 AM
    Sweet! Thank you!!
    06-23-2018 06:28 AM
    Battery and dual camera are the reasons to choose the 9+.

Also if you are coming from an iPhone 7/8+ for example the 9+ will feel smaller but yes slightly bigger than the X. Personally I find the 9+ quite manageable 1 handed. Only really feels large due to the height when in a pocket.
    Jrome.brooks and queenren like this.
    06-23-2018 07:21 AM