I'm seriously considering moving from my S7 (regular not the edge) to the S9. Is this upgrade worth it? I really like my S7 but I like some of the new features on the S9.

Also, has anyone done this as I be would be interested to hear what your experience has been. Thanks!
    06-21-2018 02:28 AM
    You are DEFINITELY going to love the S9 over the S7. It's so much faster/smoother and with a better camera. You might miss a couple camera modes that are gone in the S9 (like VR shots), but you can make up for those with 3rd party apps if needed.

Where you might find some trouble adjusting is if you haven't gotten the update to Oreo (can't even remember if the S7 has it or not). Especially the notifications is something you might struggle to adjust to and there are some features that have been moved around or dialed down (like the amount of customization possible in the messaging app or support for S-Notes), but overall I think you would enjoy it much more.

You're also moving from the flat version to a curved one, so that will take some getting used to (and the new form factor will also get in the way of your muscle memory, but that's easily overcome).
    werkx and turbochgd like this.
    06-21-2018 03:43 AM
    Thank you so much! I appreciate the detailed info.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    06-21-2018 01:00 PM
    I upgraded from the S7 to S9+ and love it! I would have bought a non curved version if they made it. It's not that I don't like the curved edge, I do, but I worry a bit more about breaking the screen if the phone is dropped. I DO use a case and a ring holder and it's increased my grip on my phone. SpookDroid pretty well covered the rest YES, I think it was well worth the upgrade.
    06-21-2018 03:13 PM
    Do it. Within an hour you will concede that it was a no-contest to begin with.
    06-21-2018 06:02 PM