note 8 or s9 plus

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Not a whole lot. The s9 plus camera might be a bit better and it has a newer processor but otherwise not a big difference. I prefer the Note 8. However with the Note 9 coming out in 2 months I would hold off for that. If money is a problem there might be better deals on the s9 plus when the Note 9 comes out as well. If only given the twice between the two I'd pick s9 plus due to it being a newer device.

The Note 9 will blow the s9 plus and Note 8 out of the water probably. Once it comes out the s9 plus isn't their premier flagship, the Note will be.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Note 8 is a good device have a lot of functions with the s pen but s9+ is better you are going to use less than half the functionality of the spen and the note 8 is slower

S9+ faster processor and it's going to be updated longer than the note 8
The camera is better with more functionality

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
No. Not much. But it's dependent on a lot of personal stuff.

S9 is a TAD faster. Honestly jumping from an S7 Edge to an S9 barely registers to me as a massive. It's smoother, it's faster, but it's not that big to make me go WOAH like what happened when I jumped Note 2 to S7 Edge. What more from Note 8 and S9+

The camera is a bit better, but for most purposes the difference is to me irrelevant. As long as it takes good photos, it's fine by me. Plus if you're posting the photos in social media, the photos get compressed anyway so the quality gets damaged anyway. However this depends on your needs for the camera.

You sound like you don't care for the S Pen, so it might not be an advantage to you, but with the Note 8 cheaper you can just go for it and see if you like the pen.

The biggest most important differentiator would be support. Are you one of those who screams "Die Samsung!" when you get a delayed update? Or are you one of those who don't really care? The S9 will have updates for longer, up to Android Q, whilst the Note 8 will only get up to Android P. If Samsung follows with what they've done with the Note 4 and S5, the Note 8 will get security updates quarterly at least, until early 2020, while the S9 will get until early 2021.

If money and S-Pen was not an issue, I'd say get the best you can buy in terms of performance: S9+.
If money is tight, get the Note 8. Plus you get to try out the S-Pen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude