Native Weather App question on S9

android_freak1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know that the native Weather app (usually on the Home Screen) on the Samsung S9 can be changed to point to Weather.com or the Weather Channel to gather weather data from those sites?

If not, then I will just download the Weather Channel app and that's it.

Don't know where the native Weather app gets weather data from.

Thanks

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
If I tap the S9 weather widget, it displays a full page where I can edit locations & other settings. At the bottom left hand side of the page is a link that says 'The Weather Channel'. If I tap that link, it takes me to the weather.com web page. So I'd say that it's pulling the data from The Weather Channel.

Oh, I type too slow, Inglorious_Alf has already responded! :D

android_freak1

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I see the default weather widget on the home screen, but does the S9 have its own native weather app as well besides the widget on the home screen?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I used to be able to put widgets on the lock screen on my Galaxy S4. They took the feature away on the S5. So annoying. They keep taking away features. I hate how pretty much no phones have IR blasters now. They removed that feature on the S7. On the S9 they removed the ability to put wallpaper in your messaging app. What will they remove next? Lol