Just setup my S9 yesterday. It is my 3rd Galaxy, I really like the phones. But, this behavior concerns me.

I installed Yelp from the play store yesterday. Logged into the app, setup its permissions, etc. Everything normal.

This morning I wake up to a notification that "Yelp for Samsung" had been installed by the Galaxy App Store.

Sure enough, I check my apps... The version of Yelp I installed is gone.

I didn't ask for my phone to do this. I didn't authorize it. And the app it installed? Immediately crashes when launched... WTF?

This feels really creepy, having Samsung just decide to swap out my configuration without my input... Is there anyway to stop this?
    06-25-2018 10:51 AM
    Do you have the Galaxy Apps store on the phone? If so, open it and check its settings to see if it's set to automatically update apps.
    06-25-2018 12:08 PM
    Did the same to me.
    Must be a Yelp thing.
    Uninstalled Yelp for Samsung and installed Play Store version.
    All is good now.
    06-25-2018 12:36 PM
    Turn off automatic updates in Galaxy Apps.
    06-25-2018 12:36 PM
    Have you checked if there are differences? Because the Samsung versions do have advantages like discounts and stuff. I personally use the Kindle for Samsung due to the free book per month and discounted audio compared to the non Samsung Kindle app.
    06-25-2018 07:10 PM
    1. Do I have Samsung App store set to auto-update?

Yes. I have Samsung apps on my phone and on my gear, and I do want them to update automatically. But that is not the same as "replacing" my other apps with Samsung versions.

I shouldn't have to have auto-updates disabled for my legitimate Samsung apps just in order to prevent Samsung from hijacking my system configuration

2. Is the Samsung version better?

Perhaps some are, and if so I wouldn't mind if Samsung told me they had a better version and asked me if I wanted to swap. But its really creepy that they just replaced my system configuration with one they felt was better.

And in this case, the main difference was that the Yelp for Samsung app would instantly crash every time I launched it. It didn't work at all. Not exactly an upgrade over the Google Play Store version
    06-27-2018 06:14 PM