Let me know your thoughts on the size of the S9.

Is it too big? For me it’s a bit huge and it’s NOT the Plus, it’s just the S9. Its big...I have hard time pulling my phone out of my pocket at times.

However, one handed operations is not really an issue and I HATE the all glass looking bezel.

Will Samsung ever going to release a mini version of the S9 in the close future?

Thanks
    06-28-2018 02:36 AM
    I don't mind the size, and love the glass look (sure, I have to be super careful now haha but love it). I had issues with the curves with the first phone that came out, but they've gotten better and now my fat hands don't cause accidental presses. No issues putting it in my pocket (and I have the plus), BUT one-handed operation is nearly impossible for MY hands unless I use one-handed mode (which shrinks the screen), but even then sometimes it feels weird. I doubt Samsung will ever release a 'mini' version, but will relegate smaller sizes to the mid/low rangers. Truth is phones are only getting bigger, so flagships have to keep up with the trend (for better or worse, it seems people that want a small screen are the minority now).
    Alan Sims and SDTRMG like this.
    06-28-2018 03:21 AM
    I had the opposite reaction. I thought it was too small. Blame it on the 18:9 aspect ratio.
    I chose the S9+ instead. Took some getting used to, but I can accomplish the majority of my phone usage with one hand.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    06-28-2018 04:31 AM
    Yes, I like the size of the S9 as well. Just a little bigger than an iPhone with a lot bigger screen, exactly what I was looking for. What disturbs me more is that with all the glass, it seems a little more fragile than I'd like. It's a very attractive phone, but you got to have it in a case with all that glass, so it's hard to enjoy the appearance. Wireless charging is nice, though.

Anyways, I'm fine with the size. I'm pretty sure that you'll adjust and enjoy using it.
    06-28-2018 04:53 AM
    I prefer it to the S9+. It’s a very narrow phone, so I like it shorter.
    06-28-2018 08:32 AM
    Thanks a lot!

I wanted to go with the S7 instead, but knowing Samsung dropping support for the S6, they may even drop support for the S7 in the close future.

I hope Samsung can release a bit smaller form factor for the S9 phones.

With all this said, I like the phone a lot.

But still, an all glass bezel and even a rear glass as well, kind of don't like the idea...
    06-28-2018 12:59 PM
    You should definitely get a case and screen protector. I've always gotten them for my past phones but the cases were always basic TPU. With the S9+ I actually paid close attention to the level of protection and went with the Spigen Rugged Crystal.
    06-28-2018 03:48 PM
    I have the Alcantara Cover. Really nice feel to it.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=0dTV1wiv
    06-28-2018 03:57 PM

Is it too big? For me it’s a bit huge and it’s NOT the Plus, it’s just the S9. Its big...I have hard time pulling my phone out of my pocket at times.

However, one handed operations is not really an issue and I HATE the all glass looking bezel.

Will Samsung ever going to release a mini version of the S9 in the close future?

Thanks
    I actually agree. I held he S9 and it felt small, but I keep wishing someone would come out with a 5" phone with the same specs as an S9+, it could easily be 1/4" thicker for the battery. The older I get the more I want something high quality but more pocketable. I don't care to much for watching videos but I worry when I keep a large phone in my pocket for work it worries me because I am always banging it.
    06-28-2018 11:40 PM

Thanks
    If you find the S9 too big, and you hate the "all glass looking bezel", then it's probably not the phone for you.

Size is a personal thing and you will have to decide for yourself. Some prefer bigger. Some prefer smaller. And some make claims size which are out of proportion to the matter at hand.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    06-29-2018 03:36 AM
    I have the S9+... and even though it is a tad longer than my previous phone and the glass seems to make it a bit more weighty, it's fine for me. I'd probably hesitate on buying anything bigger in the future though, since I don't really mind having a smaller phone as opposed to a huge phablet. But this one seems fine to me and the S9 would be even more so.

I have decent-sized hands though too, so I would probably tell anyone with hands on the smaller side to take that into consideration when getting a phone. Especially since most seem to be the glass design nowadays (truth be told, another reason I miss the metal designs, haha).
    06-29-2018 08:36 AM
    My wife was adamant that she wanted the S9. I was leaning towards the S9 too because I thought it would be easier to keep in front pocket. But I couldn't get over that there was a bit more features in the S9+ so I went with plus.

Now my wife commented she would have preferred the plus and to me her S9 does seem small. As someone commented I think it's the aspect ratio.

I would never go back and I was an unlikely convert. Eg. I had opted for the s7 rather than s7 edge.
    06-29-2018 10:15 AM
    Yes, I like the size of the S9 as well. Just a little bigger than an iPhone with a lot bigger screen, exactly what I was looking for. What disturbs me more is that with all the glass, it seems a little more fragile than I'd like. It's a very attractive phone, but you got to have it in a case with all that glass, so it's hard to enjoy the appearance. Wireless charging is nice, though.

Anyways, I'm fine with the size. I'm pretty sure that you'll adjust and enjoy using it.
    Wrong. You don't need a case and it's a perfect phone. #nevercaser
    Alan Sims likes this.
    06-29-2018 10:26 AM
    Too big. Most phones are too damn big these days. Only Sony, with its XZ2 Compact is right sized. I miss my HTC Incredible. That was right-sized, too.
    06-29-2018 10:26 AM
    I enjoyed the size of the S8 when I had it (same size). It's about as good as your going to get for a modern flagship with the new trendy design format. I quickly sold it because the software/bloatware and I had the unlocked version, I can't imagine how bad a carrier version must be. I disable much of the bloatware with BK but really it was a boring phone (to me). Samsung, how about a straight Android 1 software package and catalog the rest of the bloatware on the Play Store so they can be optionally loaded if desired. That's the only way I'll but another Galaxy. Very happy at the moment with a 5" Pixel 1 and a Oneplus 6.
    06-29-2018 11:04 AM
    I really like the size of the S9 and find it to be a good compromise between device size and screen size. I'm coming from an iPhone X and that was very close to the S9 sizewise.

If the S9 had the dual camera and RAM of the Plus I guaranty more people would be buying the smaller S9.

For me the size was more important than the extra RAM and the main camera is what matters.
    Larry 609 likes this.
    06-29-2018 11:07 AM
    It’s not too big. It’s a nice size. Don’t have one but I have the iPhone X which is the same size. Ergonomically it makes sense but I’m a sucker for bigger phones. I’ve had the galaxy notes and iPhone plus phones. I’ve just bought the S9 +.

Got the X as it was the iPhone with the best specs. So I had to trade off some of the real estate of the 7 plus I had before.

For the S9 is dead on arrival simply because of its size. The extra features of the S9 + (more storage, more ram, dual cameras) only sweeten the pill.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    06-29-2018 12:04 PM
    I've been on cell phones since August 1989 & before that I had the older mobile operator assisted from 1977 til 1989.
    I've had both the misfortune and fortune to use every type of model over the years with the exception of an iPhone ( no learning curve and a slave to Apple's o/s)
    My current model is the S9+ after using the S6 for a couple of years.
    The S9+ is unbelievable in every way. I've opted out of using a bulky case and instead have a clear rubber back and a tempered glass on the face.
    In almost 30 years I've only lost 1 cell phone and luckily have never broken one .
    Samsung seems to only get better and better each time.
    Alan Sims likes this.
    06-29-2018 06:55 PM
    Well, I'm old so in addition to yelling at kids to stay off my lawn, I like smaller phones. The S7 was the perfect size. I was worried the S9 would be too big but actually I think the weird 18:9 ratio (thinner) makes it easy for one handed operation.

The curved edge screen is weird but doesn't really bother me too much. My general complaint about all phones is the lack of a bezel and glass backs. I've used cell phones since the early 90's and the S7 is the only phone I've ever broken. Sure, it looked nice but if you actually wanted to use it you have to put a screen protector and solid case on it. And even with all that I somehow broke the glass on the back. This is after breaking the screen the first week I had it. BTW, all this came from just carrying the phone in my back pocket. I never drop my phones.

So naturally when I got this nice S9 this week, I immediately put a screen protector and case on it before I even set it up.
    06-30-2018 12:21 PM
    I actually chose the S9 due to size. The S9+ for me felt way too big and I'm perfectly used to handling massive phones in the past. That weird aspect ratio makes the phone seem tall but one-handed tasks for me came to me just a few days after using the phone normally.

As for using a case or protector, nah. 2nd week in and going naked with this phone, at least until I can find a clear case that's minimal enough and won't just press hard plastic against the back glass, which will obviously lead to particles getting inside the case and causing scratches.
    07-01-2018 03:52 AM
    I came from the compact extremely rugged little Galaxy Alpha to S9 ..

Surprisingly the S9 with it's tall but NARROW profile ( almost as narrow as the 4.7" screen Alpha ) even with a slim case is VERY ergonomic -

It fits in my pocket in jeans in the car -surprised by this .

I wondered why it was so tall and narrow -

Now I know AND man what a GREAT JOB Sansung did on the speakers and Audio !

S9 feels like a compact phone almost MUCH more than the S5 which I thought I would flex-crack in my pocket so never bought an S5 .
    07-01-2018 02:05 PM
    A phone ring on the back of (any phone) helps tremendously with holding onto the phone. I have the S9+ and small hands. Noooooo problemo!
    07-01-2018 03:50 PM