Screen burn in.

One King

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Has experience screen burn on their device. I have screen burn on my device now T-Mobile want to get me refurbished device which sucks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In my experience, refurbs have been in perfect condition. You probably don't have any other option if you don't want to pay for a repair.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
In my experience, refurbs have been in perfect condition.

And then there's someone like me that coined the term "refurb roulette" because of so many bad experiences. That's across multiple manufacturers, so it's not an isolated chance IMHO. It definitely sucks having to do a warranty exchange, but good luck if you send it in

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Verizon is very good with refurbished equipment. I have typically received items in better condition than what I turn in, but that's just my experience.

karelj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Has experience screen burn on their device. I have screen burn on my device now T-Mobile want to get me refurbished device which sucks.

Crap! Already?? How long did you have the phone?
Between burn in worries and - in my opinion - its battery guzzling tendencies, I feel like I have to 'baby' my S9+ It's like I can't fully enjoy using it.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Both my Note 8 and S9+ don't have burn in and I've had them since launch. Same with my Pixel 2 XL. Doesn't mean it can't happen just be glad they're willing to give you a replacement as burn in is typically not covered and considered user error or expected wear with OLED screens.

One King

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Crap! Already?? How long did you have the phone?
Between burn in worries and - in my opinion - its battery guzzling tendencies, I feel like I have to 'baby' my S9+ It's like I can't fully enjoy using it.
I had the phone since it's release. My battery is fine.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you keep the screen brightness all the way up, and have the same thing - like one particular home page - on the screen for hours a day, almost any screen will experience burn-in. But unless you're out in the sun all day, you rarely need more than 20% or 30% brightness. And that will either eliminate burn-in, or cause it so far in the future that you wouldn't want an old phone like an S9 any more. It doesn't have 5G or 6G, it doesn't do peer-to-peer calls, etc. - things we'll probably see in coming years. (Look back at the "flagship" phones of 2004.)

One King

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
If you keep the screen brightness all the way up, and have the same thing - like one particular home page - on the screen for hours a day, almost any screen will experience burn-in. But unless you're out in the sun all day, you rarely need more than 20% or 30% brightness. And that will either eliminate burn-in, or cause it so far in the future that you wouldn't want an old phone like an S9 any more. It doesn't have 5G or 6G, it doesn't do peer-to-peer calls, etc. - things we'll probably see in coming years. (Look back at the "flagship" phones of 2004.)
The brightness always stay auto .