What is the best screen protector for s9 so that does not effect screen responsiveness

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

What a glass protector but having trouble with key responsiveness

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For a curved screen, the Whitestone Dome. (But it's expensive.) If you want something that works and isn't as expensive as a cheap phone, do as X1tymez said - get a plastic protector. (When it gets scratched up, replace it. And it offers a bit of shock resistance for the screen. (Although with a curved screen, the biggest danger is that the screen isn't properly annealed, and tapping the phone on a corner of the case could crack the screen. And no screen protector can protect against that.)

Anjumonu

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I went for a Screen protector from GadgetShieldz. I suggest you to try one from them. Even the edges got covered so well that that the applied screen protector hardly was visible. I always preferred the ultraclear screen protecors because they do not come in the way of responsiveness of the touch. Tempered glasses are usually know to affect the touch responsiveness

Last edited:

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand these comments on how much the Whitestone Dome costs. If you think $45 for a quality glass protector is expensive, then you shouldn't have a $900 phone. Anyone can afford it, you just have to prioritize what you spend your money on.

Sure you can apply a cheap film protector that offers little to no impact protection, or spend a few bucks and get a quality glass protector.

Don't cheapen the phone with a sub par film protector.

crackcookie

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand these comments on how much the Whitestone Dome costs. If you think $45 for a quality glass protector is expensive, then you shouldn't have a $900 phone. Anyone can afford it, you just have to prioritize what you spend your money on.

Sure you can apply a cheap film protector that offers little to no impact protection, or spend a few bucks and get a quality glass protector.

Don't cheapen the phone with a sub par film protector.

It isn't about cheap it is about what else gets the job done with the least amount of money.

Your car is worth 30k. Do you spend 10k insuring it?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It isn't about cheap it is about what else gets the job done with the least amount of money.

Your car is worth 30k. Do you spend 10k insuring it?

It's $45. How much do you think a repair is going to run?? In the multiple hundreds. Don't skimp on screen protection.

$45 is not a third of $900...it's pocket change compared to the cost of the phone.

Spend a couple nights not eating out and you can afford it, good grief.

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a Whitestone Dome this weekend. Kept putting it off because of the price. I ended up actually buying the dual pack for $60 (just in case I didn't apply it correctly the first time). It went on flawlessly. And it feels so much better than those plastic screen protectors that I was using. It just feels like a $900 phone should. I'm happy I went for it.

Shrank19

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
Well , I did get one from GadgetShieldz. Did like the flexibility and durability of the product. I can say today my N9 is free of scratches and dents. Yes, I would proudly flaunt my flawless device donning this screen protector which is far better from those cheap plastic ones.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I"m soon to be a new S9+ owner, happy to see these recommendations. Quick question for Dome owners, does it cause any issues with cases fitting?

My phone comes the end of the week, so I'm case/screen protector shopping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20