Can't delete pics from S9 Text album under each thread.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

How do I remove the "album" and thumbnails of pics I've sent and received in texts that show up when I hit the 3 dots in the top right corner of the default messages app on the galaxy s9+? I have deleted the pics in every location I've found on my phone and I can't find an option to remove the function altogether.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You have to delete them from the conversation. I don't know of a way to disable the feature, other than just getting a third party messaging app. I actually like the feature personally but they should have a way to disable it for people who don't like it. I did confirm that if you delete them from the conversation, they go away. At least they did on my phone.

Fancy Smiley

Jul 3, 2018
Visit site
You have to delete them from the conversation. I don't know of a way to disable the feature, other than just getting a third party messaging app. I actually like the feature personally but they should have a way to disable it for people who don't like it. I did confirm that if you delete them from the conversation, they go away. At least they did on my phone.

I have deleted them from the conversation, however they still remain in the album.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's two different files. If you want to delete the ones you received from the album, you'll have to find them with My Files and delete them. If you want to delete pictures from Gallery that you sent, delete them from Gallery. ("Album", by the way, is just the last folder name the picture is in - so if you have a path of /DCIM/Camera/2017/Winter, the pictures in that Winter folder are in an album named Winter. (Which is how people end up with multiple albums of the same name.)