Switch from Samsung Messages to Android Messages so I can use RCS... worth it?

PerryKahai

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
RCS is available on the Samsung Messages app if you have the latest update. In fact, the latest slew of bugs that you will reported on the latest Samsung Messages app is about the RCS update which T Mobile pushed to it. So you actually lose stuff going to Android Messages, like the customizations, but you also lose the bug so that's good.

TMobile pushed an RCS update to Samsung Messages app? What phone? I have an unlocked S8+ and don't see it.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Geez. Just noticed a cool feature on my stock samsung app now. If you hold on the text message an option comes up to send to reminder. It then goes to my reminder widget to help me remember to reply later. Brilliant. So now I'm really torn about switching away from stock just for rcs.

James Rogers2

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
RCS works with the Samsung stock messaging app. But I think it only works if both parties are on the same carrier. It works for me and I'm on at&t

Nevermind that's advance messaging.

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Considering the photo forwarding bug with Samsung Messages, I disabled it completely and using Android Message. I lose the dark theme with the app but the bug is an unacceptable risk for me.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
RCS works with the Samsung stock messaging app. But I think it only works if both parties are on the same carrier. It works for me and I'm on at&t

Nevermind that's advance messaging.

If I'm not mistaken, advanced messaging is using the RCS (Chat) protocol. I think that's how it's explained.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
As I understand also, T-Mobile has only enabled it so far on the S7/S7 Edge phones to start with.

Some of the features of Chat are in Samsung Messages on my S8+ like seeing typing status, bigger mms file size, seeing delivery status. Still a work in progress

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
If I had to guess... and this is purely speculation I would think it might be had to do with something going sideways with the implementation of RCS.

Oh okay so it could be a global worldwide thing. Can't find any updates and I like samsung messages.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Google is rolling it out this week to Fi users. My coworker alerted me as she is on Fi. I didnt realize that Sprint enabled it. I have been a long time Textra paid user, so today I downloaded AM and have been using it for a few hours. Eagerly awaiting the universal rollout of RCS.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1