Upgrade to S9?

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
How many people have the S9 or S9 Plus and are satisfied with their purchase? In the past year or so I've had two different LG phones, the G6 and more recently the V30. I'm really ready to jump off the LG bandwagon. Nothing but continuous issues and bugs. I used to be a Samsung guy before that. I had the GS5 for two years before that which was the most flawless phone I ever had. Never had one issue along with several other Samsung devices I've had. I'd like to actually have a device that's 700 dollars and doesn't have any issues that make it virtually unusable.

Is it worth it to upgrade to the S9 Plus or the S9 from the V30? What do you guys think? My two main issues are battery life and the curved infinity screen. Samsung flagships often have bad battery life. And with the dumb curved screen design, I can't use Spigen cases would which are my preferred case with every device.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I would go with the S9+, battery life has been good for me. Everyone's situation is different as far as battery life goes. The curved screen is really not that bad at all compared to the S6 egde or the S7 edge which those kinda bothered me. What do you mean you can't use Spigen cases? I own a few and the fit and work just fine. I don't bother with screen protectors though cause those can be a little tricky to put on besides covering up the beautiful display is a shame IMO. I have three S9+'s in my household and no issues or complaints whatsoever.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I had two V30's. I switched to theS9+. I live in a new band 71 area and neither of theV30's could pick up band71 although they were advertised as being band 71 compatible. That's a lie.

Where I live we've always had a very marginal signal, at best, no matter what carrier we've had. But, with my wife's S9 and my S9+ we no longer have signal issues with the new band 71. Never again will I be looking at LG.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
I would go with the S9+, battery life has been good for me. Everyone's situation is different as far as battery life goes. The curved screen is really not that bad at all compared to the S6 egde or the S7 edge which those kinda bothered me. What do you mean you can't use Spigen cases? I own a few and the fit and work just fine. I don't bother with screen protectors though cause those can be a little tricky to put on besides covering up the beautiful display is a shame IMO. I have three S9+'s in my household and no issues or complaints whatsoever.
Well, due to the dumb design of the curved screen, the sides of the phone are left unprotected with the Spigen cases. Not a fan of leaving a 700 dollar phone unprotected like that. How good is the regular S9? Probably iffy in the battery department right?

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
How many people have the S9 or S9 Plus and are satisfied with their purchase? In the past year or so I've had two different LG phones, the G6 and more recently the V30. I'm really ready to jump off the LG bandwagon. Nothing but continuous issues and bugs. I used to be a Samsung guy before that. I had the GS5 for two years before that which was the most flawless phone I ever had. Never had one issue along with several other Samsung devices I've had. I'd like to actually have a device that's 700 dollars and doesn't have any issues that make it virtually unusable.

Is it worth it to upgrade to the S9 Plus or the S9 from the V30? What do you guys think? My two main issues are battery life and the curved infinity screen. Samsung flagships often have bad battery life. And with the dumb curved screen design, I can't use Spigen cases would which are my preferred case with every device.

They still have bad battery life. I'd go pixel 2 xl or Huawei p20 pro or mate 10 pro. Battery anxiety is no longer a thing for me with any of those. Pixel 2 xl has a slight curve tho. I was hoping for more out if Htc u12 but that's a no too. If price is a concern the OP6 is AWESOME.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
Neither of those phones are an option for me since I have T-Mobile and they aren't available on there.

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the S9 and the S9+ and both are great. The S9+ does have a bit better battery life and is slightly quicker. Some of the advantages over the other brands of phones IMO, screen quality, water resistance, stereo speakers, wireless charging, and the SD card slot. The cameras are awesome also. Both phones feel good in the hand. The S9 is easier to hold, but the bigger screen on the S9+ is really nice.

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, due to the dumb design of the curved screen, the sides of the phone are left unprotected with the Spigen cases. Not a fan of leaving a 700 dollar phone unprotected like that. How good is the regular S9? Probably iffy in the battery department right?

Do any cases out there protect the left and right side at all? I wouldn't imagine that Spigen is the only one if the design played a factor in how these cases are designed.

I did buy a Spigen for my S9+ and it seems to be working out pretty well. I did note that the case didn't extend as high as the top and bottom on the sides, but I figured the only way that might come into play is if my phone hits something at an angle. I've already dropped the phone in a minor way a few times and it always landed fine and without any damage. Fingers crossed for the future though!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084