My ATT GS9 cannot complete the most recent software update that was relaeased around the 1st of July. I can download the update OTA, the phone restarts, and the upgrade process begins. Every time, when it reaches the 30% point, the update hangs for several minutes, gives an error, and the phone resets.

I have tried clearing my cache (several times), and always have the same result. I am hoping this update will solve another problem I am having. About 50% of the time, when receiving an incoming call while the phone is connected to a Bluetooth device, it will ring momentarily and then power off. The only way to get it to power back up is to plug a charging cord into it. The battery can be at 100% charge and have this take place.

Love the GS9, but extremely frustrated currently! Thanks!
    07-29-2018 06:52 PM
    With those kinds of problems I can't figure out why you haven't made a warranty claim.
    scottbeamer likes this.
    07-29-2018 10:43 PM
    My ATT GS9 cannot complete the most recent software update that was relaeased around the 1st of July. I can download the update OTA, the phone restarts, and the upgrade process begins. Every time, when it reaches the 30% point, the update hangs for several minutes, gives an error, and the phone resets.

I have tried clearing my cache (several times), and always have the same result. I am hoping this update will solve another problem I am having. About 50% of the time, when receiving an incoming call while the phone is connected to a Bluetooth device, it will ring momentarily and then power off. The only way to get it to power back up is to plug a charging cord into it. The battery can be at 100% charge and have this take place.

Love the GS9, but extremely frustrated currently! Thanks!
    Contact AT&T for a replacement.
    07-30-2018 12:16 AM
    how much free storage do you have on your phone?

in the past, for an update to be successful, you would need at least 32GB free on the phone, not an SD card.

try that and see if it works.
    07-30-2018 02:36 PM
    I tried your suggestion....I moved all of my pictures off the device. 36.1 GB free space. The upgrade failed at the same point.

Thanks!
    07-31-2018 08:32 PM