battery life sucks!

Ian Bennett

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I only get like 2 hours SOT and it will maybe last 10 hours on a single charge. I don't have any crazy apps or anything like that. I tried a factory reset. Something tells me Facebook is to blame.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Have you looked at Settings -> Device Maintenance -> Battery -> Battery usage to see which app(s) is actually using the battery?

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Samsung battery Always sucks. They don't know how to optimize.
They, or you?
290b2f573f90ca7d1a357fa91afc8d79.jpg

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
You use some tips and tricks to save your battery. All users who use S9 plus will tell you they aren't happy with the battery life.
I do not use any tricks. It is on continuously with cell tower service. It fetches in real time, receives notifications from about a dozen apps, which I view and respond too with the phone.
The reason for poor battery for most people is multiple reasons.
Always charging to 100%, having Wi-Fi scanning enabled, or even on continouslly , extended screen timeouts, having GPS on( if your not navigating), installing apps which have permission to run in the background and turn on your GPS and or WIFI.

Schmidt84

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Why does it have to be so complicated. On an iPhone you just install the app and that is it. It don't use allot of battery. Just got an s9plus. Went from an iPhone x, and I can see a big difference in battery life. If curse, the s9 can do allot of things the x can't do, but it is allot worse

Matzosy

May 13, 2018
Visit site
I do not use any tricks. It is on continuously with cell tower service. It fetches in real time, receives notifications from about a dozen apps, which I view and respond too with the phone.
The reason for poor battery for most people is multiple reasons.
Always charging to 100%, having Wi-Fi scanning enabled, or even on continouslly , extended screen timeouts, having GPS on( if your not navigating), installing apps which have permission to run in the background and turn on your GPS and or WIFI.
Yeah this is true. But we are talking to a flagship phone like the S9 plus which costs a lot. If you buy this device you want to have all your apps running and receiving all your notification as always. GPS on. We needs this. I have more battery life in my pixel 2 xl than in my S9 plus. It's all about software and optimisation. The Note 9 will have 4000 mah battery. Maybe it can last longer.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Leaving on your GPS, especially indoors when it strains to fetch multiple satellites, will run down a battery, irregardless of the os. It also is unnecessary, and many consider it a privacy issue for apps, developed by individuals over the world, having constant location data to add to the rest that's gathered.
Leaving on wifi, which is constantly searching at times if you are out and about, and so configured is foolish, as well as an unnecessary large drain on the battery.
The 9plus cost 480 usd last month, new at tmobile, not overly expensive for the flagship phone.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
It's not complicated. If you don't want short battery life, turn off the things that use a lot of power.
Apple phones are not exactly long lasting battery wise. But at least they'll slow down your phone for you to make you feel better.
Why does it have to be so complicated. On an iPhone you just install the app and that is it. It don't use allot of battery. Just got an s9plus. Went from an iPhone x, and I can see a big difference in battery life. If curse, the s9 can do allot of things the x can't do, but it is allot worse

Matzosy

May 13, 2018
Visit site
Leaving on your GPS, especially indoors when it strains to fetch multiple satellites, will run down a battery, irregardless of the os. It also is unnecessary, and many consider it a privacy issue for apps, developed by individuals over the world, having constant location data to add to the rest that's gathered.
Leaving on wifi, which is constantly searching at times if you are out and about, and so configured is foolish, as well as an unnecessary large drain on the battery.
The 9plus cost 480 usd last month, new at tmobile, not overly expensive for the flagship phone.
when it first came out it does cost a lot. I'm Samsung user for a long time I know what I am talking about. Their battery sucks man
Accept it.

Deepcuts

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
If people would stop installing crappy apps, look at their phones all day long and learn to keep the calls on point, the battery would be sufficient for 2 days +
Mine lasts for 2-3 days with 2.5 hours call time.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's not complicated. If you don't want short battery life, turn off the things that use a lot of power.
Apple phones are not exactly long lasting battery wise. But at least they'll slow down your phone for you to make you feel better.

I use both Android and iPhones. Battery life on an iPhone is fine

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
If people would stop installing crappy apps, look at their phones all day long and learn to keep the calls on point, the battery would be sufficient for 2 days +
Mine lasts for 2-3 days with 2.5 hours call time.

These devices are more than just phones and people use them as more than phones.

Deepcuts

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
These devices are more than just phones and people use them as more than phones.

My car can do 230 km/h if I really push it. It can really achieve that speed even if is is a family sedan.
But, my gas tank will be emptied mighty fast unfortunately.
Also, it got me out of a really bad situation on an really bad country road. The road was flooded and closed to traffic.
But had to wash it for 30 minutes to get all the mud and rocks from beneath and I thought I had to change everything from front to end. I was lucky.

Nowadays, I travel at a max speed of 130 km/h on highways and the fuel consumption is more than decent. I also avoid dirt roads, even if my car can do more.
I learned it's limits and I would sound foolish on any car forum if I would complain about my gas mileage while I floor it.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I only get like 2 hours SOT and it will maybe last 10 hours on a single charge. I don't have any crazy apps or anything like that. I tried a factory reset. Something tells me Facebook is to blame.

For me, i disabled facebook and its apps. And i disabled background use for Instagram. And it lasts long now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz