Samsung S9 battery?
    Hi! So recently I got a Samsung Galaxy S9. The thing is, even after using or scrolling through the phone for 10 minutes, my phone loses 1% so easily. Then, I noticed that every hour it loses 2-3%. I have tried to disable all the apps I dont need, disable display, even change my theme but it seems to be consuming a lot. I tried to factory reset without the stuff I transferred from my old phone and it's still decreasing a lot. Also, on my first setup the screen was very warm. Should I just return it? Or is that normal?
    08-06-2018 04:16 PM
    I don't have an S9, but that doesn't sound bad to me.
    What do your battery usage stats show as using the charge? Anything abnormal?
    Is your signal good?
    samsunjess likes this.
    08-06-2018 05:33 PM
    Is your signal good?
    Hi sorry that was my anon question!

Attachment 287604

This is how it looks like (right now it's charging as well). I did a factory reset on my phone. I don't know if its because i'm not used to Samsung S9 from switching to apple but yeah.
    08-06-2018 07:08 PM
    Is your signal good?
    Hi sorry that was my anon question!

Attachment 287604

This is how it looks like (right now it's charging as well). I did a factory reset on my phone. I don't know if its because i'm not used to Samsung S9 from switching to apple but yeah.
    08-06-2018 07:47 PM
    I'm not sure of your usage so I can't comment on than or the s9 as I have the plus. I can suggest you turn on battery saver mode. I use medium with network usage, play around with it and use what seems to work best for you
    08-06-2018 07:57 PM
    ok i'll try medium! I'm just shocked because it's new and all and the other is already draining...
    08-06-2018 09:37 PM
    I'm not sure of your usage so I can't comment on than or the s9 as I have the plus. I can suggest you turn on battery saver mode. I use medium with network usage, play around with it and use what seems to work best for you
    Thank you! I'm just shocked because it's new. If I do switch, do you think the Huaweii P20 is decent?
    08-06-2018 09:38 PM
    Samsung S9 battery?
    Hi! So recently I got a Samsung Galaxy S9. The thing is, even after using or scrolling through the phone for 10 minutes, my phone loses 1% so easily. Then, I noticed that every hour it loses 2-3%. I have tried to disable all the apps I dont need, disable display, even change my theme but it seems to be consuming a lot. I tried to factory reset without the stuff I transferred from my old phone and it's still decreasing a lot. Also, on my first setup the screen was very warm. Should I just return it? Or is that normal?
    Scrolling around for ten minutes and losing 1% is not abnormal. Losing just 1% sounds pretty impressive. What is troubling is losing 2-3% an hour just on standby.
    While this is a different issue, read this post on how to troubleshoot while in safe mode.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...=1#post6297447
    08-07-2018 01:55 PM
    My s9+ worked great until I used Google maps one day on a trip. That day and ever since, it routinely needs charged almost 3 times a day. It used to easily last 8am until 6-7pm. Now by 2pm, it's dead. I disabled Google maps, it didn't help. I'm getting rid of this thing asap.
    08-07-2018 07:29 PM
    My s9+ worked great until I used Google maps one day on a trip. That day and ever since, it routinely needs charged almost 3 times a day. It used to easily last 8am until 6-7pm. Now by 2pm, it's dead. I disabled Google maps, it didn't help. I'm getting rid of this thing asap.
    Have you looked in Settings -> Device Maintenance -> Battery Usage to see what is heavily using the battery?
    08-08-2018 02:27 PM
    Have you left the GPS on this whole time since the trip?
    08-09-2018 09:14 AM