10-20-2018 09:51 PM
59 123
tools
    08-11-2018 07:14 AM
    how are the notifications on bb hub? on outlook I find they are slow and delayed. it was awesome on iPhone but I think outlook is very buggy on Android. thanks
    08-11-2018 10:08 AM
    how are the notifications on bb hub? on outlook I find they are slow and delayed. it was awesome on iPhone but I think outlook is very buggy on Android. thanks
    Almost instantaneous for me in most cases.
    08-11-2018 12:03 PM
    in the hub on new emails there are 2 contacts there to select from. is there a way to shut that off?
    08-11-2018 12:41 PM
    I tried the hub based on feedback here. One thing I found lacking is that it is extremely slow opening up email with 'pictures.' Which is just about everything. Also didn't care for the calendar. I want a month view with text. I like the consolation of communication all tired together in one place. I just don't have the patience for slow email performance.
    08-11-2018 02:15 PM
    I tried the hub based on feedback here. One thing I found lacking is that it is extremely slow opening up email with 'pictures.' Which is just about everything. Also didn't care for the calendar. I want a month view with text. I like the consolation of communication all tired together in one place. I just don't have the patience for slow email performance.
    Hmm..slowness with opening emails with pictures has not been my experience at all. Mine all open and pictures populate quickly, even emails with lots of graphics like for online shopping. Did you download the blackberry calendar, because I can view mine in month view with text.
    08-11-2018 07:22 PM
    in the hub on new emails there are 2 contacts there to select from. is there a way to shut that off?
    I am not sure what you mean by two contacts to choose from. Can you post a screen shot?
    08-11-2018 07:24 PM
    Late to the party here, but I'll be the lone vote for Aquamail. Yes the pro version costs $$. Best email app I've used and keeps getting consistent updates.

You will need a separate calendar app if you use Aquamail, in which case I'll recommend Digical. Yes, the pro version costs $$. Best looking widgets I have seen with the most customization, and a good way to handle multiple personal and work calendars.

If you really want to use an all-in-one app you should give MS Outlook for Android a shot.
    08-12-2018 05:39 AM
    That's not my experience. Not sure what to say about that.
    08-12-2018 06:41 AM
    I made the switch back to a Android and I'm struggling to find a good email app. The stock one is slow and outlooks seems very buggy although it worked well on the iPhone. What is everyone using? Thanks
    BlackBerry Hub
    08-13-2018 12:04 AM
    Late to the party here, but I'll be the lone vote for Aquamail. Yes the pro version costs $$. Best email app I've used and keeps getting consistent updates.

You will need a separate calendar app if you use Aquamail, in which case I'll recommend Digical. Yes, the pro version costs $$. Best looking widgets I have seen with the most customization, and a good way to handle multiple personal and work calendars.

If you really want to use an all-in-one app you should give MS Outlook for Android a shot.
    Another vote for Aquamail from me. I've been using this app for quite a while now and I love it. Developer is very active with updates and they even have an entire forum if you need help with anything.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-13-2018 01:32 PM
    Try Nine. Fast, reliable, customizable, scalable, and to top it all off, nice to look at B-)
    08-14-2018 01:04 AM
    Blue Mail is a pretty awesome email app it does Gmail And alot of others to
    FYI, Blue Mail was rebranded as TypeApp a while ago. It appears the developer is keeping both alive. The UI elements are somewhat different.
    08-14-2018 03:55 PM
    I have all of those BB apps too, plus tasks, notes and I HAD TO have the BB keyboard. I was lost without my hard press to capitalize and swipe to delete. We got the best of blackberry on our Androids.
    How do you get the keyboard? I searched and can't find it.
    08-14-2018 10:44 PM
    Thanks for these recommendations, everyone! I find that my Gmail app is very buggy so I'm going to try out some of these suggestions.
    08-14-2018 10:49 PM
    How do you get the keyboard? I searched and can't find it.
    Download the BlackBerry Manager app from this link and the keyboard is there. I use this app to download all the BlackBerry apps and it notifies when there are updates.

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    08-14-2018 10:54 PM
    Got it, thanks.
    Download the BlackBerry Manager app from this link and the keyboard is there. I use this app to download all the BlackBerry apps and it notifies when there are updates.

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    08-14-2018 11:07 PM
    I use AquaMail. It has a nice interface.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    08-14-2018 11:29 PM
    Maildroid. The free version. The big plus for me over many other apps is that I don't have to use a unified in box.
    08-15-2018 03:36 AM
    Got it, thanks.
    Also, uninstall any blackberry apps from the play store first and then reinstall them from blackberry manager.
    08-15-2018 12:06 PM
    Also, uninstall any blackberry apps from the play store first and then reinstall them from blackberry manager.
    This is the first blackberry app I've downloaded. Thanks for the heads up though.
    lindajm22 likes this.
    08-15-2018 12:20 PM
    Stock app works great for me with outlook
    08-15-2018 12:37 PM
    I have been using Newton, super quick and sips battery, sadly they are closing down so I will be looking again.

I like the BB hub but 2 things have put me off of it which are

1 - The notification badges do not work on WhatsApp unless you use the BB launcher. This means I have to leave WhatsApp on my home screen and never really access it via the hub which kind of defeats the object.

2 - Always felt just a tad sluggish compared to other email apps, not surprising considering what is going on in the background with the app but still noticeable. YMMV

I’m still looking......
    08-16-2018 08:37 AM
    I made the switch back to a Android and I'm struggling to find a good email app. The stock one is slow and outlooks seems very buggy although it worked well on the iPhone. What is everyone using? Thanks
    The stock Gmail app is slow? No way. You must be talking about the Samsung "email" app right?
    08-16-2018 08:33 PM
    Is there an email client on Android matches text formatting capabilities of desktop outlook? Or comes close?
    08-16-2018 10:50 PM
59 123