good email app

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I have been using Newton, super quick and sips battery, sadly they are closing down so I will be looking again.

I like the BB hub but 2 things have put me off of it which are

1 - The notification badges do not work on WhatsApp unless you use the BB launcher. This means I have to leave WhatsApp on my home screen and never really access it via the hub which kind of defeats the object.

2 - Always felt just a tad sluggish compared to other email apps, not surprising considering what is going on in the background with the app but still noticeable. YMMV

I’m still looking......

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I made the switch back to a Android and I'm struggling to find a good email app. The stock one is slow and outlooks seems very buggy although it worked well on the iPhone. What is everyone using? Thanks

The stock Gmail app is slow? No way. You must be talking about the Samsung "email" app right?

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Is there an email client on Android matches text formatting capabilities of desktop outlook? Or comes close?

aha

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I tried the hub based on feedback here. One thing I found lacking is that it is extremely slow opening up email with 'pictures.' Which is just about everything. Also didn't care for the calendar. I want a month view with text. I like the consolation of communication all tired together in one place. I just don't have the patience for slow email performance.

The best feature I like about BlackBerry calendar is the meeting mode. Because it allows me to put all my calendars in one place, and choose which calendars it automatically mutes my notifications into vibration mode during events.

I don't need to remember to mute my phone and never get embarrassed.

Any other apps allow you doing that? I am surprised that they don't have something like this in iOS ecosystem... as far as I know.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Another annoying thing with the hub is that damn background notification on the S9 that cannot be switched off!

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
It is the ‘app running in the background’ persistent notification.

I take it back through, I reinstalled the hub today and it let me block the notification. Maybe this has been added in one of the updates as I was sure that before there was no way to get rid of it.

msoprano13

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The stock Gmail app is slow? No way. You must be talking about the Samsung "email" app right?

Correct the Samsung app. I tried using Gmail numerous times. Everything connects and syncs to my exchange server but when I go to send email it get stuck in the outbox. Any clue how to fix that?