I'm very unhappy with my S9+. I have to rebbot about once per month because the screen becomes completely unresponsive to the touch. Today ithappened again and when I reboot I chose the wrong option and wiped data. My messages appeared again, missed and made phone calls still show up, but a small number of contacts came back. The rest are missing and i'm having trouble importing from my Google account. Any ideas?
    08-08-2018 04:03 PM
    How did you reboot to see the wipe data option? Definitely not normal behavior, and if you continue to have issues with the phone after a factory wipe, I'd just exchange it for a warranty replacement. (Unless it's an app you're using... some apps CAN go rogue, especially side-loaded ones, so check your CPU usage first or boot into Safe Mode to see if it happens).

As for the contacts, are the ones you're missing in your Google Contacts (contacts.google.com)? If not, then they were never synced with your account (or were saved locally to the device or to a different account and not Google's) and therefore will never restore unless they were saved elsewhere.
    08-08-2018 04:40 PM
    Could they have been stored as Samsung contacts? Those might have been backed up to your Samsung account.

In the future, stick with Google contacts only.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    08-08-2018 06:04 PM