Switched from Pixel 2XL to S9+

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Loved my Pixel but loving my S9+ even more so far! I wanted to give Samsung's UI a second chance. I spent a brief amount of time with the Note 8 months ago but quickly went back to my Pixel. Main tipping points for me were camera quality and finger print sensor location. I'm glad to see the finger print is in a better spot here, but I still prefer the larger sized finger print sensor on the pixel, as well as its rounder shape.

The display on the S9+ is fantastic (the note 8 obviously was no slouch either). However, I've had the phone for about 2 days and I can definitely notice that I had better battery life on my Pixel. Anybody have any suggestions to better manage battery life on the S9+? The Note 9 looks very intriguing for this reason!

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I was offered an even swap for this S9+ so I couldn't pass up that offer. Newer phone, newer hardware etc. However, I was just getting used to my Android P swipe gestures.... sigh

Matzosy

May 13, 2018
Visit site
I can't get ride of my pixel 2 . I love this phone. S9 plus is the best phone samsung have ever made. It's seems they have found the touchwiz lag mistery. So far so good for the performance of device. But battery life is not great. If you use some tips and tricks you can easily get full day of use.
I use pixel 2 as my daily driver because of the camera , battery life and also software experience. Stock android.

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Anybody have any suggestions to better manage battery life on the S9+? The Note 9 looks very intriguing for this reason!

I suggest turning "Battery Saving Mode" on (I sent mine to medium with background network usage, etc).

These settings obviously vary by user/usage, but configure it and find what works best for you of course.

I also keep a widget for "device management" on my homescreen(s) so I can optimize, clean data frequently.

I think we tend to forget that were carrying little computing devices and they must be managed/clean at times like your pc.

Edit: For what it's worth I'm quite a heavy user, phones in my hand most of the day.

Attachments

• 5750.jpg
    5750.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 126

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I suggest turning "Battery Saving Mode" on (I sent mine to medium with background network usage, etc).

These settings obviously vary by user/usage, but configure it and find what works best for you of course.

I also keep a widget for "device management" on my homescreen(s) so I can optimize, clean data frequently.

I think we tend to forget that were carrying little computing devices and they must be managed/clean at times like your pc.

Edit: For what it's worth I'm quite a heavy user, phones in my hand most of the day.

I would rather not use methods that's slow down performance!

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I would rather not use methods that's slow down performance!

Well you can't have it both ways, either you adjust your phone to fit your usage or don't complain that it dies when you have wqhd+ screen, full brightness, multiple apps etc. 🤷

This actually improves performance for me, to each their own

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Can you post a screenshot of your battery usage from settings? I use high performance mode and have no battery problems getting through the day.

Last edited:

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Well you can't have it both ways, either you adjust your phone to fit your usage or don't complain that it dies when you have wqhd+ screen, full brightness, multiple apps etc. ??????

This actually improves performance for me, to each their own

You shouldn't have to turn on battery savings is the thing.

SDTRMG

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
You shouldn't have to turn on battery savings is the thing.

I'm a heavy user, turning on battery saving is a choice to extend my battery for the whole day. I have no battery problems. You can't expect your battery not to deplete when you choose to keep the brightness at max, have on +wqhd display, etc.

There's gonna be battery drain, it's common sense. You either do something about it or do nothing and keep complaining.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
best way to get excellent battery life is set resolution to 720p.
i can't see no difference when viewing web sites, reading, whatsApp, twitter,

only YouTube video's will not look good. but it's ok if you want excellent battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon