Android / Samsung 9+: How can I transfer from SD card *to* internal storage (i.e. photos & videos)?

LM76sam9

Aug 11, 2018
Visit site
Android / Samsung 9+: How can I transfer from SD card *to* internal storage (i.e. photos & videos)?

I have a new 128gb Samsung 9+ and I'd like to transfer the photos and videos from a 64 gb SD card (used in my old HTC U11) on to its internal storage.

I can find endless info online of how to move internal storage *to* an SD card....but literally nothing on how to do it the other way.

Thank you very much

(PS: Please assume my existing knowledge is close to basic)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android / Samsung 9+: How can I transfer from SD card *to* internal storage (i.e. photos & video

Use My Files.

Go to the external card and find the pictures you want (probably in DCIM or DCIM/Camera. (DCIM stands for Digital Camera IMages.)

Now look for the same named folder in the phone. If you can't find one, you'll be creating it.

If you found it, go back to the SD card, find the pictures, long-press one of them and they'll all get little boxes in their upper (I think left) corners, and the one you pressed will be checked. Tap each of the others, so they get checked. Now choose Copy, navigate to the same-named folder in internal storage and tell it there. My Files will copy all the files to internal storage.

If you can't find a folder with that name, go to where you can see the folder itself on the card. Long-press it. (It will get a checked little box.) Choose Copy, go to internal storage and tell My Files there. It will copy the folder, any folders inside it, and all the files in them.

You'll still have everything on the card. (So if anything goes wrong, you can clean up the mess and do it again. That's why you should never Move files. Something can go wrong in a way that leaves you neither the source nor the destination - both copies disappear.)

You'll fine easier ways when you get more familiar with the phone - Total Commander lets you just drag and drop, for instance - but using My Files is the easiest way to explain it to you, and you have the app on a Samsung phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc