I don't use Google Assistant anymore. I use Bixby.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
One thing, custom routines is a dream still for several of us outside the US.
Oh, that's too bad. Hope it makes it your way soon. I say Goodbye to my Google Home on my way out the door every morning and it makes sure everything is turned off behind me. I find Routines useful - I have quite a few set up. I forget it is not global.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Oh, that's too bad. Hope it makes it your way soon. I say Goodbye to my Google Home on my way out the door every morning and it makes sure everything is turned off behind me. I find Routines useful - I have quite a few set up. I forget it is not global.

Bixby is global though, and it does the same things.

One question, custom routines need to be set up. On Bixby, you can tell it like, "Take a picture and send it to John." in one command. Not sure if GA can do that.

One thing Bixby has though that GA can't emulate as far as I can tell is doing swipe gestures. You can tell it to "swipe up" (left, right, down) if you want to scroll through something while your hands are busy. Useful for cooking. LOL. But then, that's Samsung focus since their Bixby home is supposed to help with that since they have Kitchen appliances that link to Bixby. So it's kind of obvious they think of that while Google's view is more of delivery information to you.

Honestly even if you look at their commercials, it's more like they complement each other more than compete against each other. There are a few overlaps sure, but if you look at Bixby as your home assistant and GA as your info/work assistant, they complement each other perfectly.

You can be driving in your car and go, "Okay Google, what time is my dinner with GF tonight?" Then you say, Hey "Bixby, what's in my fridge?" (it sends you a pic of what's inside if you have a Samsung ref with Bixby), then you can ask Google a recipe to do with whatever is you have in your fridge.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The only thing I've ever really consistently used GA or Bixby for is to turn my bluetooth on in my car when I'm driving. GA does it faster so I use that over Bixby. It's my understanding that Bixby can do some things on the device that GA can't but since I don't use it much in that respect, I just prefer the speed of GA.

SR45

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Just purchased a S9, and heard as everyone else has, the stories of a bad Bixby. Coming from an iPhone 8, bixby in my opion is better than Siri. Not great, but doable. I’ll just leave it on for now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21