How to set multiple TIMERS??

ttcchen

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
I've pretty much tried all the timer apps that're 3.5 star and above currently in playstore and none of them met my needs. Either because they stopped working after you lock the screen or won't let you change the ringtone or has to be in the app to stop the snooze or it doesn't go over 1 hour. All kinds of problems.

Is it really that much to ask for? Just a way to set multiple timers with my own ringtone and doesn't stop counting once I exit the app or lock the phone and doesn't need me to unlock the phone, click on the app, in order to stop the ringing.

Alvdan88

May 10, 2016
Visit site
You might be looking to far as Samsungs Clock app does this. You just have to think outside the box and use your head a little more by math terms. If you figure out when your timer will go off you can set as many alarms as you like with personalized ringtones. takes a little bit more work but not by much. USE YOUR HEAD! haha Goodluck!

anon(3641385)

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I've pretty much tried all the timer apps that're 3.5 star and above currently in playstore and none of them met my needs. Either because they stopped working after you lock the screen or won't let you change the ringtone or has to be in the app to stop the snooze or it doesn't go over 1 hour. All kinds of problems.

Is it really that much to ask for? Just a way to set multiple timers with my own ringtone and doesn't stop counting once I exit the app or lock the phone and doesn't need me to unlock the phone, click on the app, in order to stop the ringing.

The Samsung clock app has the timer function, and I use it for cooking purposes all the time.

So, I've got an egg timer, casserole timer, baked chicken timer etc etc

And you can individualise the ring tone, and have more than one timer happening at once, and use other apps.

One thing though, make sure you turn off the do not disturb function for when the phone rings. Unless you do that your timer won't make a sound if you're also on the phone.

Martin Richards1

Jan 6, 2022
Visit site
Just install Google's clock app from play store and use it. It works great.

Actually it doesn't. When it reaches zero, it often doesn't sound until you open the app, defeating the purpose completely.
The Samsung timer only allows one timer, multiple alarms, but only ONE countdown timer.
All other countdown timers get power saved to go into background, so cease to work and sound when they finish.
Amazingly lame in the 21st century. One timer that can work efficiently

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually it doesn't. When it reaches zero, it often doesn't sound until you open the app, defeating the purpose completely.
The Samsung timer only allows one timer, multiple alarms, but only ONE countdown timer.
All other countdown timers get power saved to go into background, so cease to work and sound when they finish.
Amazingly lame in the 21st century. One timer that can work efficiently

Welcome to Android Central! Does that happen with the Google Clock app even with Battery Optimization turned off?

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if Samsung is different but I can setup multiple timers with assistant.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk