Any solution for "missing" messaging app badges on my S9+, after every issue checked already!?

DanielMarciano

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
Any solution for "missing" messaging app badges on my S9+, after every issue checked already!?

Hello to All,

I just upgraded from S8+ to S9+ that I bought in Guangzhou, China.

After a problem free smart switch transfer, all works fine But I cannot get messaging apps notifications (like WhatsApp, Messenger, Viber) IF I DO NOT OPEN THE APP.

BTW I do get notifications badges from WECHAT, who appears to be a non-Google origin app...

Thus, I cannot see badges count, and no notifications works, whatever their configurations. I simply do not receive the messages sent to me by third parts.

Only After I open WhatsApp app, I get the sent messages and the notifications works suddenly.

Also, if I untick and tick MANUALLY the SYNC option in the quick-set widget icon (in the notification toolbar), it "opens" the flow of the nessages and the badges appears immediately!

The phone comes with android 8.0.0 and has been bought 8 days ago.

I need your help, after trying so many options.

I will be ready to supply more details if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: Any solution for "missing" messaging app badges on my S9+, after every issue checked already!?

Did you go to each app and give it permission and turn on barges?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Any solution for "missing" messaging app badges on my S9+, after every issue checked already!?

Are you sure it's really a Samsung phone. Guangzhou is a great source of counterfeit merchandise - SD cards a lot smaller than they claim to be, S and Note devices not made by Samsung, etc.

DanielMarciano

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site

Hi!
Thanks for your comment but it is a 100% Samsung phone. It was bought at the flagship store. :)
No issue about that.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar