I am looking for a mic for a single voice directional voice capture mic with good background noise reduction to record video or even live stream in a big rig using my galaxy s9+. As you can imagine the background noise will be loud and it will need to cut out wind,motors and highway traffic... I've seen mics for $10 and others for $300 that plug right into the headphone jack. Please if you can make a few suggestions based on PROVEN performance, not just some google search. I want to make one purchase and do it right.. I need the charger port for keeping a good battery so it will have to be through the headphone jack most likely though I do have this USB Connector that came with the phone , I'd be open to some suggestions for that as well.

Thank you in advance and I am looking forward to seeing what everyone can come up with.
    09-05-2018 09:44 PM
    I am looking for a mic for a single voice directional voice capture mic with good background noise reduction to record video or even live stream in a big rig using my galaxy s9+. As you can imagine the background noise will be loud and it will need to cut out wind,motors and highway traffic... I've seen mics for $10 and others for $300 that plug right into the headphone jack. Please if you can make a few suggestions based on PROVEN performance, not just some google search. I want to make one purchase and do it right.. I need the charger port for keeping a good battery so it will have to be through the headphone jack most likely though I do have this USB Connector that came with the phone , I'd be open to some suggestions for that as well.

Thank you in advance and I am looking forward to seeing what everyone can come up with.
    i used to have Rode Microphone Video Micro and AT9946CM DSLR Shotgun Stereo Microphone.they both perform well enough for me...and they both use the 3.5mm jack...but if i have to say which is better i would say Audio Technica was better for me as it was twice the price of the Rode i used to have.
    BigRigs likes this.
    09-05-2018 11:21 PM
    I am looking for a mic for a single voice directional voice capture mic with good background noise reduction to record video or even live stream in a big rig using my galaxy s9+.

Have you explored using the mic that comes with the headphones that shipped with the device?
    BigRigs likes this.
    09-06-2018 09:32 AM
    Have you explored using the mic that comes with the headphones that shipped with the device?
    for what I am doing it will not work , it's the AKG in ear bud headphones and I can't do those with my ears, they hurt after only a few minutes. I considered a over the ear bluetooth noise cancelling headset as well.. Just wanted to see if any videoographers / streamers have had any success with external mics
    09-06-2018 10:09 AM
    for what I am doing it will not work , it's the AKG in ear bud headphones and I can't do those with my ears, they hurt after only a few minutes. I considered a over the ear bluetooth noise cancelling headset as well.. Just wanted to see if any videoographers / streamers have had any success with external mics
    Headsets? Do headphones do the job? I mean using headphones as external mic?
    09-06-2018 06:24 PM
    Headsets? Do headphones do the job? I mean using headphones as external mic?
    back in the day that worked just fine and with it will work on a pc sound card, you can plug headphones into the mic port and one ear will work as a microphone but un-amped that's not what I'm after here though.... I want a microphone for live streaming & recording videos other than a earbud mic
    09-06-2018 08:26 PM
    back in the day that worked just fine and with it will work on a pc sound card, you can plug headphones into the mic port and one ear will work as a microphone but un-amped that's not what I'm after here though.... I want a microphone for live streaming & recording videos other than a earbud mic
    so im guessing you already have a smartphone rig(Ulanzi for example)which has hotshoe and coldshoe mounts.getting a DSLR grade boom is a very good idea.i tried $4 mics before and yeah they are horrible...
    09-06-2018 09:33 PM