Questions about Factory reset

TextMeMaybe

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I posted a couple weeks back about a spam text message I received. Well I'm quite confident I didn't get a virus/malware from it, there's just that feeling in the back of my that there could be something. So I'm planning on doing a factory reset. But I have some questions:
I see there are 2 types of factory reset, through the settings and master reset. Is the one through settings good enough?

It says service provider apps and content will be erased. What does that mean? I'm on Sprint. How would I get it back?

It also says the decryption key for files on the SD card will be erased. Also says you will not be able to use encrypted files on the SD card after you reset your device to factory defaults. What does that mean? Should I remove the SD card first?

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
There are two ways to do a factory reset but as far as I know there is no difference.
So you can do a factory reset from the settings menu or from the recovery menu.
The easiest way is from the settings menu.
Settings, general management, reset, factory data reset.
This will delete everything on your phone so back up first.
I don't know about carrier apps but all other apps you can reinstall from play store.
And yes you need to decrypt the sd card first or you won't be able to access the files after the reset.