I received another software update today (S9 At&t) which has the September security patch. I got one last month with July's patch - I usually never get the security update the month its released. Is this a new trend? Has Samsung and At&t(which has seemed to be slower than other carriers) decided to take this issue more seriously? Or has it always been this way & I'm just delusional...
    09-29-2018 01:51 PM
    The September security patch was issued to users around September 5th. It was issued by Google to Samsung about a month earlier - giving both Samsung and carriers the ability to release it when Google released it. Evidently Samsung and AT&T have decided to work a little faster on this one. Will that continue? Or will your next update be in December? "Only the shadow knows", as the show used to say.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    09-29-2018 02:32 PM
    The September security patch was issued to users around September 5th. It was issued by Google to Samsung about a month earlier - giving both Samsung and carriers the ability to release it when Google released it. Evidently Samsung and AT&T have decided to work a little faster on this one. Will that continue? Or will your next update be in December? "Only the shadow knows", as the show used to say.
    Thx, It's good they got it out quicker and I hope it continues - even for a phone that some consider at half its lifespan lol
    December sounds about right though.

Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of men...
    09-29-2018 04:17 PM
    Yeah got it yesterday on my unlocked S9+ hopefully they do a better job getting them out sooner
    09-29-2018 07:03 PM