Why are we still on August security patch? I'm learning by experience for the simple fact that this is the first Samsung phone I ever owned. It's always been a debate of pointing the finger at who's responsible for timely updates.... 🤨
    10-07-2018 06:01 AM
    Samsung. LG. HTC. Carriers. There's plenty of blame to go around. Especially in the US.
    mary beth hale and Mend07 like this.
    10-07-2018 07:51 AM
    Verizon came out quite a while ..
    mary beth hale likes this.
    10-07-2018 08:03 AM
    Samsung seems to save up updates for about 3 months, so you get 4 cumulative ones a year. (Google issues them to the manufacturers about a month before releasing them to the public, so Samsung could release at the same time Google does - it's their choice. [But 9 is out, so the only updates you'll get after 9 are security patches - until a minor Android update - 9.0.1 - or a major update - 9.1 - and they haven't happened yet. October is still 9.0.0.)
    10-07-2018 01:03 PM
    Verizon came out quite a while ..
    Interesting.
    10-07-2018 06:01 PM
    Samsung seems to save up updates for about 3 months, so you get 4 cumulative ones a year. (Google issues them to the manufacturers about a month before releasing them to the public, so Samsung could release at the same time Google does - it's their choice. [But 9 is out, so the only updates you'll get after 9 are security patches - until a minor Android update - 9.0.1 - or a major update - 9.1 - and they haven't happened yet. October is still 9.0.0.)
    🤨 oh really...
    10-07-2018 06:11 PM
    Have had September security update for several weeks... US unlocked S9 Plus
    10-08-2018 10:42 AM
    Yep it's why I stopped Samsung devices. I value fixes and they just aren't consistent.
    10-08-2018 04:08 PM
    Have had September security update for several weeks... US unlocked S9 Plus
    Unlocked is sometimes the best way to go. Even my old Note 8 is now on the September patch and it's T-Mobile.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    10-09-2018 03:02 AM
    smh all these reports of S9 and S9 plus receiving software updates globally and here we are still stuck on August security patch.
    10-15-2018 07:37 AM
    smh all these reports of S9 and S9 plus receiving software updates globally and here we are still stuck on August security patch.
    To add salt to the wound
    Attached Thumbnails So T-Mobile/Samsung back at it again?🤨-screenshot_20181015-191143_software-update.jpg  
    10-15-2018 08:12 AM
    Why are we still on August security patch? I'm learning by experience for the simple fact that this is the first Samsung phone I ever owned. It's always been a debate of pointing the finger at who's responsible for timely updates....
    Hahaha interesting. I have a note 8, unlocked here in AU and just the other day I live chatted with Samsung with the same question/complaint. Since this phone came out these patches have only been 1 month out of date. The customer technical support lady said it's up to the carrier to release updates. I asked what patch her own phone was on & she said August, too! I made the point that surely it's in Samsung's best interests to at least keep their flagship phones up to date. I called my carrier - Telstra - the "big" one in AU. Nobody there could explain, or was willing to explain, anything to me about updates. Totally useless. 2 days later I "lost" a lot of calendar entries on phone, just disappeared, and yesterday I received the September update so I obviously upset somebody! It's not good enough in this day and age that so called security patches are left to be 3 months out of date when others are up to date. Use up their live chat time. Call everybody.
    Mend07 likes this.
    10-15-2018 06:54 PM
    Hahaha interesting. I have a note 8, unlocked here in AU and just the other day I live chatted with Samsung with the same question/complaint. Since this phone came out these patches have only been 1 month out of date. The customer technical support lady said it's up to the carrier to release updates. I asked what patch her own phone was on & she said August, too! I made the point that surely it's in Samsung's best interests to at least keep their flagship phones up to date. I called my carrier - Telstra - the "big" one in AU. Nobody there could explain, or was willing to explain, anything to me about updates. Totally useless. 2 days later I "lost" a lot of calendar entries on phone, just disappeared, and yesterday I received the September update so I obviously upset somebody! It's not good enough in this day and age that so called security patches are left to be 3 months out of date when others are up to date. Use up their live chat time. Call everybody.
    You know u may be right about the "use up their live chat time and call everybody" as in nagging them...because this has happened to me a few years back when I had an LG phone(terrible lol)and out of nowhere an update appeared🙄...but never in my mind would I think Samsung or T-Mobile would fall in these situations. I was better off with my iPhone 7 plus if it came down to it. But this is just downright ridiculous for a flagship phone .
    103Softail likes this.
    10-15-2018 07:06 PM
    It's not a carrier issue it's Samsung's issue. I have the unlocked variant of the 9+ and even though I'm on September security patch now we have only had 3 updates since launch. We had February patch until July when we got June's then we got August in Sept and just got Sept a few weeks back. I really think they screwed up when they pushed out September's to us as it was too soon. Lol.

But really even having the unlocked variant we wasn't getting timely updates either. I'll be surprised if we get another one before the end of the year.
    103Softail likes this.
    10-17-2018 06:08 AM