Thinking of upgrading

talberry

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting an upgrade from my s7 edge to either an s9 or s9+

Any recommendations on which is better? Currently there is a difference of $100 between the two.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Every year, I've gone with the bigger model. Started with the S7 Edge because of the bigger battery, S8+ also had a bigger battery and now with the S9+, it has a bigger battery and an extra 2GB ram. Both of these made this phone just perfect for me.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think it's just perfect size wise. It fits in my hand and I can actually make a call one handed. I use one of the edge panels called tasks edge to take me to the dial pad so I don't have to fumble with anything.

May 3, 2018
Visit site
It's just as easy to use with one hand (I use the one hand mode quite often), but you also get the bigger battery and more RAM. The Plus is definitely worth the extra money.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
The bigger battery, the 2GB extra RAM and the telephoto lens are easily with the extra $100. Not too mention the better resale value 🤑

talberry

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Cool. thanks for your thoughts!
Do you think I should get the s9+ now? Or wait for next year's new phone to be unveiled? I'm worried about the price of the new phone though. feels like it's gonna cost a bomb!

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Do you think I should get the s9+ now? Or wait for next year's new phone to be unveiled? I'm worried about the price of the new phone though. feels like it's gonna cost a bomb!

You should wait... As for price... Would be identical to Note 9...or perhaps more.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

This is always a tough call because with tech there is often something better on the horizon. So in theory, you could be waiting forever. With that said, if your satisfied with the S7 Edge keep it for awhile, if not trade up now, realizing that the next great thing might be "right around the corner" (like a foldable phone).

Good luck.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech