Poor Battery Life?

Bruce_205

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Sure...they don't want to make it easy for us to turn off data...so we keep data on and run over our limit = more $$ for them! Thankfully, its part of the Android o/s so we can modify it and get it back.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Having Wifi Scanning on is no harm. As some apps require it on to get better accuracy such as Google Maps. But if you do not use Google Maps you can turn it off too.

And if im not wrong.Wifi Scanning is like background searching of wifi spots to help assist location.
How can you figure wifi scanning doesn't drain battery? Also does anyone know if calling plus drains alot of battery.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
How can you figure wifi scanning doesn't drain battery? Also does anyone know if calling plus drains alot of battery.

erm,if im not wrong wifi scanning is usually used by apps such as Google Maps.i did try to turn it off and the location Google Maps gave me was quite off as the phone only relied on cellular towers.but with Wifi scanning it helps narrow down your location.and not all apps use wifi scanning.

as for calling plus,it doesnt work here in Indonesia(in Indonesia if you play a game and somebody calls then the signal is going to change to H+ or 3G as VoLTE isnt supported) but from what ive read from multiple sources its like Whatsapp or VoLTE.as long as the device has good signal then i guess it doesnt drain a lot of battery.

Deepcuts

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I am all for longer battery life, but for the moment, I am happy with mine.
Indeed, light usage and absolutely no extra apps.
WiFi enabled at all times.
S9+ Exynos
Screenshot_20181021-024955_Settings.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12