I've been seriously considering leaving AT&T for Spectrum here in California. I'm a little concerned about getting updates for my S9+. A Spectrum technician tells me they are using Verizon cell towers, which would mean good coverage at least. Anyone out there using Spectrum?
    mary beth hale likes this.
    11-16-2018 06:23 PM
    I've been seriously considering leaving AT&T for Spectrum here in California. I'm a little concerned about getting updates for my S9+. A Spectrum technician tells me they are using Verizon cell towers, which would mean good coverage at least. Anyone out there using Spectrum?
    I was going to do the same thing but someone told me they don't have BYOD. If I could bring my own phone and keep the #, I'd do it. It's reasonably priced and like you said, using Verizon towers will give good service. I'll have to go on their site and read more about it.
    11-16-2018 10:26 PM
    you are correct, you have to buy a phone from Spectrum, you can't bring your own over. That's no good for me.
    11-17-2018 12:01 PM
    you are correct, you have to buy a phone from Spectrum, you can't bring your own over. That's no good for me.
    I hope they change that policy.
    11-17-2018 12:11 PM
    I have Spectrum here in NYC. I wouldn't risk using Spectrum Mobile, for the simple fact that should there be an overall outage, all services might be affected. At least with a different mobile company, should the WiFi go out, you still have mobile data to fall back on.
    11-17-2018 07:22 PM
    I have Spectrum here in NYC. I wouldn't risk using Spectrum Mobile, for the simple fact that should there be an overall outage, all services might be affected. At least with a different mobile company, should the WiFi go out, you still have mobile data to fall back on.
    Never thought about that. Good point. I've got Spectrum for internet as well.
    11-17-2018 07:28 PM
    we switched from att to spectrum and couldnt be happier. you cant byod but we were up for upgrades through att anyways... it was a no brainer and service has been awesome
    11-19-2018 03:00 AM
    we switched from att to spectrum and couldnt be happier. you cant byod but we were up for upgrades through att anyways... it was a no brainer and service has been awesome
    I'd love to but I'd need to bring my own phone. Not up for selling current phone and having to purchase one from Spectrum. Hopefully they'll support BYOP at some point.
    11-19-2018 09:20 AM
    BTW... Checked Spectrum phone prices... Way too high.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    11-19-2018 09:37 PM
    Does spectrum offer unlimited data plans?
    11-22-2018 12:03 AM
    ok... after having spectrum and trying to upgrade... we ended up going back to att... dont ever pay a device off to upgrade... 5 times later we ended up at the att store crawling back.
    mary beth hale and Tech Idiot like this.
    03-17-2019 01:22 PM
    When Spectrum offers BYOD I'm in.
    03-18-2019 08:28 PM