I hope this is okay but I posted this in the pixel 3 forum as well

Hey everyone,

Okay, so I've been thinking about this for the past 4 days and I'm still having a difficult time deciding between the two. I currently have the s9 in my possession as my android device but I really want to try out the pixel 3. I'm sitting here trying to break down the differences and its pretty challenging to say the least.

They both seem very capable of doing what I need so now I would like to hear from those who have the phone, what is your take? I would like to come up with a decision tonight since the black Friday deal will be over in a few hours (Dont want to miss out on a good deal) plus I only have a few more days left before I am out of my return window with my s9.

My s9 is 64 GB of course, but has an expandable so card slot (no I dont have one in there as of now) anyone opt for the 64 GB pixel and okay with the storage?

Also for those with the pixels did you all get the preferred care as well? My s9 is through my carrier so I have insurance on it. Wondering if I should get it for the pixel if I go that route.

......Help me please lol
    11-25-2018 05:32 PM
    That depends entirely on what's interesting you to the Pixel 3 in the first place. Both can do a lot of the same stuff, even if you end up using different methods for it.
    Personally, I find barebones Android to be, well, too barebones. There's just a lot of QOL conveniences on Samsung phones compared to Google, or stock Android in general. Plus, although this would be a matter of preference, I would prefer the Samsung apps over a lot of the Google counterparts.
    mia_xoxo and mary beth hale like this.
    11-25-2018 07:20 PM
    These are the things that have my considering the switch.

The biggest thing is the camera. I have small children that I'm constantly taking pictures of and a lot of times my pictures come out blurry or the shutter lags and I miss the shot altogether which is so frustrating. Another thing that really caught my eye was the screen calling, (I dont like answering calls to be honest) to see if a call is even worth an answer that's pretty awesome. Also having google assistant instead of Bixby is nice. I can't stand when I trigger Bixby on accident.

Other than what I mentioned above, I didn't personally think of anything that was substantially different.
    11-25-2018 07:27 PM
    For the pictures just set the camera to Sport mode.
    Bixby, I honestly can't comment on it because I have yet to trigger it by accident in a long while, just on the first month or so of owning the phone (S9). I also have Bixby Home disabled. So I have went months without seeing that.
    Google Assistant is available on the Samsung via long press of home button.
    Call Screening is Pixel exclusive, so you'll have to base your decision on that. All in all if you want to try a Pixel, go for it. If you're not happy with the phone you have now, there shouldn't be any reason why not to try something else if you can afford to.
    11-25-2018 09:06 PM
    How do I put the camera in sports mode?
    11-26-2018 08:41 AM
    Camera>Settings Icon>Edit Camera Modes>Make sure Sports Mode is active. You can also rearrange them so Sports Mode is closest to "Auto" which is default.
    When you open the camera app, you'll see at the top different modes. You swipe across to the mode you want to be active.
    11-26-2018 09:13 AM
    It sounds like you just need to learn to use the phone. You can partially disable the bixby button if that is what is triggering it by accident.
    11-26-2018 11:45 AM