Hi All,

I have a problem with my (new-ish) S9+ in that some photos have large areas that are blanked out by a solid area of colour.

Galaxy S9+ photo problems (blank areas in some of the pictures).-half_blank_001.jpg

Galaxy S9+ photo problems (blank areas in some of the pictures).-half_blank_002.jpg

The blank areas in these two pictures happen to both be grey but the colours vary (Grey, Black, Pink, Green...).

Oddly, it appears that the imformation is not missing but that the phone is interpretting it as missing/corrupted. When I scroll through the (pe-installed) Samsung Gallery App the photos appear as whole images whilst the scroll is in motion but when the scroll stops the blanks suddenly appear blanking out part of the photo(s).

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between which photos, where they were taken and what subject. I can have twenty shots, taken say, at a birthday party, and only three are affected.

All my photos are automatically backed up to Google Photos where the affected photos always contain fixed blank areas. Also, if I email myself a photo or send it to someone else is any way they contain fixed blank areas.

The photos are default stored on the SD card which is a genuine SanDisk 32GB HC.
    11-28-2018 07:02 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! See if this happens when you change the default save location to Internal Storage. If it doesn't, then the card is likely to be faulty, corrupt, or counterfeit. Use a different card.
    11-28-2018 10:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central!
    Thank you!

Ok. I'll try that.

Back soon...
    11-28-2018 11:35 AM
    Hi All,

I have a problem with my (new-ish) S9+ in that some photos have large areas that are blanked out by a solid area of colour.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Half_Blank_001.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	282.5 KB 
ID:	294736

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Half_Blank_002.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	294737

The blank areas in these two pictures happen to both be grey but the colours vary (Grey, Black, Pink, Green...).

Oddly, it appears that the imformation is not missing but that the phone is interpretting it as missing/corrupted. When I scroll through the (pe-installed) Samsung Gallery App the photos appear as whole images whilst the scroll is in motion but when the scroll stops the blanks suddenly appear blanking out part of the photo(s).

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between which photos, where they were taken and what subject. I can have twenty shots, taken say, at a birthday party, and only three are affected.

All my photos are automatically backed up to Google Photos where the affected photos always contain fixed blank areas. Also, if I email myself a photo or send it to someone else is any way they contain fixed blank areas.

The photos are default stored on the SD card which is a genuine SanDisk 32GB HC.
    I had the same thing happen to me before (twice) and it was the card, each time. They went 'bad'. I contacted SanDisk and sent the bad ones back to them and they sent me out new ones. I do believe SanDisk has a lifetime warranty on all their cards (or at least used to.) I couldn't recover the pictures.
    11-29-2018 01:04 AM