Hi all, just got a s9 plus, coming from htc 10.

Had aqua mail which was easy to control email sync frequency and contact & calendar with my outlook. Com account.

What other email apps can i do this with? Outlook app does not sync calendar to calendar app and i cannot control sync frequency. I like manual to save battery.

Samsung email app doesn't seem to let me control sync either.

Aqua mail did a poor job in the last 3 to 4 months and was not syncing contacst for some reason.

Not sure when this all got so complicated, i want an email app with multiple accounts manually syncing, and one outlook. Com acvount also syncing calendar and contacta into the respective samsung apps.

Is this possible in any app besides aqua (i prefer no gmail)

Thanks
    12-01-2018 03:48 PM
    Samsung Email app allows you to control sync frequency. Open Email app, tap the overflow (3 bars on the top left), then there's a gear icon there. Tap that. Then on the list of accounts, tap the account you want to edit the settings of. There you'll find sync schedule.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    12-01-2018 05:53 PM
    Samsung Email app allows you to control sync frequency. Open Email app, tap the overflow (3 bars on the top left), then there's a gear icon there. Tap that. Then on the list of accounts, tap the account you want to edit the settings of. There you'll find sync schedule.
    Yeah i found that, but it is not picking up contacts and calendars. I don't know why email got so complicates in the last 2 years. My s6 and htc 10 never gave me any problems in this regard.
    12-01-2018 08:35 PM
    I just have to make sure first we understand each other. You want contacts and calendars to sync at a specific schedule to save battery correct? How often are you adding contacts and calendars? Because in most use case scenarios, push sync for contacts and calendar is more battery saving than polling. For example, if you only add one new contact every day, that's the only single time per day contacts sync. Same with calendar. So if you allow it to push sync, they will sync once a day only when you add a contact. However if you set it to poll for sync every say, 6hrs, then it will be syncing 4 times a day doing nothing, wasting 75% more battery than if you would have let it just sync on push.

Anyway, if you just want to control everything, stop trying to control the sync by the email app alone and control everything globally. Turn all settings to push, then use an app to set a schedule for the global autosync toggle. Basically, everything will push their sync when the autosync turns on, and then when it turns off, all the syncs also turn off. I use Tasker to set a schedule for autosync. It can set your autosync to turn on based on parameters like only on wifi never on mobile data, your location, time, etc.
    12-01-2018 10:32 PM
    hi, i just want email to sync manually. when i loaded my email acc into the samsung app nothing else synced. when i used outlook, contacts synces fine but not calendar and emails could not be synced manually. i am not sure where to control manually because with both the above email apps when i go to accounts the option to sync calendar is not there for either and contacts is not there for samsung app.
    12-01-2018 10:49 PM
    My contacts, calendars, and email sync fine using the Samsung email app. Did you go to the calendar and turn on the Outlook Calendars?
    mary beth hale likes this.
    12-01-2018 10:59 PM
    My contacts, calendars, and email sync fine using the Samsung email app. Did you go to the calendar and turn on the Outlook Calendars?
    Thanks. I missed that. But when i go into the calendar first there is no option to sync contacts for my email app (it is there for google acc) and when i say yes to sync calendar it doesn't sync.
    Garenm likes this.
    12-02-2018 10:16 AM
    Just tried putting aqua mail back and in accounts and in calendar there is no option to sync calendar or contacts. I must be missing something silly but in all the years i had a phone i have never had this problem. So frustrating...
    12-02-2018 10:58 AM
    chanchan05... so i had the account set up as imap, when i set it up as exchange it worked. first of alm thank you so much for the help. second when i go into calendar app, manage calendars, i can see the calendar option for my outlook acc but i don't see contacts (although my contacts were added to the phone). is this a problem?
    12-02-2018 11:45 AM
    chanchan05... so i had the account set up as imap, when i set it up as exchange it worked. first of alm thank you so much for the help. second when i go into calendar app, manage calendars, i can see the calendar option for my outlook acc but i don't see contacts (although my contacts were added to the phone). is this a problem?
    Go to contacts>settings>contacts to show
    12-02-2018 04:48 PM