Hi guys I just wanted to check if anyone else is having this issue whilst attempting to play HDR content with their S9 plus or S9. When I play a video on YouTube that's HDR compatible the display kind of mutes the colors and reverts back to photo mode during playback.. not the dynamic mode with vivid colors. Even if I have dynamic display selected and video enhancer on it still goes back to a washed out photo mode whilst HDR plays. Anyone else having this issue? Maybe samsung have gone with the more accurate colors during HDR now on purpose but I doubt it and it seems like a bug. I have the s9 plus exynos model. Cheers.
    12-04-2018 05:57 AM
    HDR takes 2 shots and combines them - that's for stills. (And that's just how HDR works, there's noting anyone can do about it.) Whether you have it turned on or not doesn't make any difference when you're taking videos, you're not in HDR for the video. (The Pixels 2 and 3, which do HDR in hardware, probably couldn't do it. The Samsung phones [and everyone else] which do it in software certainly can't. It takes too long to do it 30 times a second.)
    12-04-2018 01:07 PM
    I know what you mean. Colors become warmer and everything white becomes slightly yellow. Almost like blue light filter, right? I have the same issue. My Sammy TV was doing the same with HDR, but at least I could just tweak the color settings myself and now it looks amazing. I don't think you can do the same on S9.
    12-06-2018 01:58 PM