I have this feature turned on, yet, I still get calls from numbers that are not in my 'Contacts' list.
    It's bad enough that I can't long press on a number to block it, like I could with my HTC 10, but I want to try to cut down on the many spam calls I get every day.
    12-15-2018 06:18 AM
    Cat and mouse. Spam calls keep upping the ante spoofing your area and exchange, and political s p.o am that cant be ignored and may go straight to voice.

Your carrier may have premium call blocking or 3rd party. But it is getting worse.
    12-15-2018 08:10 AM
    But I thought the setting, on the S9, was supposed to block all calls from anyone that was not in your contacts?
    12-15-2018 08:13 AM
    I have tmobile and have their id app that's suppose to block them and same thing it still rings and comes through I think spam callers r finding ways around those features unfortunately
    12-15-2018 09:18 AM
    Turn on DoNotDisturb: exception, calls from contact list. Everyone else goes to voicemail, and if have those sent to your phone as text, you'll quickly see any real callers. Hiya and Nomorobo and carrier blocking also help, a little.
    Report them all to the FCC, they've warned the telcos that caller verification will be mandated if the telcos don't impose it real fast. The telcos are discussing it now. Every reported call, gives the FCC a bigger hammer.
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    12-15-2018 09:28 PM