I know it's a known fact that poor and very poor Cellular signal and reception leads to increased battery drain. My question is for those smarter than me: if we're on WiFi in a location with poor or very poor Cellular signal and reception, does that battery drain still occur? I want to think no but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance.
    12-15-2018 09:37 PM
    Yes, the battery will still drain if there is poor cellular signal, unless you remove the SIM and use the device as a data-only device via the WiFi without any phone capability. Or the other option is to put the device in airplane mode and then turn on WiFi, which will disable the cellular service.
    mary beth hale and Rukbat like this.
    12-15-2018 10:01 PM
    your answer has actually makes me feel better because I'm in a location with extremely poor cellular signal and my battery drain has been outrageous thank you for your explanation
    Yes, the battery will still drain if there is poor cellular signal, unless you remove the SIM and use the device as a data-only device via the WiFi without any phone capability. Or the other option is to put the device in airplane mode and then turn on WiFi, which will disable the cellular service.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-16-2018 08:03 AM
    your answer has actually makes me feel better because I'm in a location with extremely poor cellular signal and my battery drain has been outrageous thank you for your explanation
    You're welcome.
    THEPRFCT10 likes this.
    12-16-2018 03:30 PM