Serious music playback issues when using headphones on S9

ErnestFunk9

Dec 19, 2018
Visit site
Hi I signed up here just to post this.

I've been having some serious problems when using Spotify and another music service app I use (LivePhish) when my headphones are plugged in. Both apps routinely crash, skip songs, stop playing, among other issues.

The volume starts increasing or decreasing on its own, Bixby will randomly pop up on its own, "Ok Google" app pops up on its on (which I have since disabled).

These problems only occur when I am using headphones. Any help here is appreciated. An incredibly basic service of my phone is not working. I've been nothing but unimpressed with this phone since I got it. Thank you for your help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which headphones? Are they specifically "Made for iPhone"? If so, those can cause problems with false pause/play and volume commands, since the iPhone headphone jack configuration is slightly different from that of most Android devices. Try another set of headphones that don't say "Made for iPhone."

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you find a pair of earbuds that do work normally, compare the plugs side by side and see if the contacts are in the exact same positions. Even if they're generic earbuds, it's possible they used the iPhone's configuration, or their quality control is simply poor and the plug wasn't designed correctly.