02-09-2019 10:38 AM
98 ... 234
tools
    The s9+ is still the one of the greatest phones
    This.

That being said, LG is not standing still. I just read something about the G8.

Life remains interesting.
    01-24-2019 06:27 PM
    Like I said.
    Hey scottbeamer, good to see your post....I’m sure i will have a few drinks and give in when there new models come out
    One question for all...
    I was a bit disappointed with my Galaxy S9 Unlocked for 2 reasons;
    Lack of the ability to use some features, i.e. WiFi Calling with AT&T..
    I always thought it was an advantage to have an unlocked unit and I have put a T-Mobile SIM Prepaid in it to try out the service for a month and same with verizon and both of these carriers had the WiFi Calling activate....
    I thought the Unlocked unit would get more timely software updates-Not the case at all.

So, for those of us that do shell out the Money, should we get one of the carrier models? The Unlocked Model? Or, perhaps buy the overseas Exynos version so we can unlock the Bootloader and Flash custom roms, etc....?

Thoughts??
    01-24-2019 06:46 PM
    How about a foldable tablet?
    I don't really need a tablet tho
    01-25-2019 03:23 AM
    This.

That being said, LG is not standing still. I just read something about the G8.

Life remains interesting.
    LG? It means LIfe is Gone
    01-25-2019 09:24 AM
    The G6 and G7 are fantastic devices. And LG stepped up their game with the V40's P-OLED display. LG makes solid phones.
    01-25-2019 09:29 AM
    Nope. On a US unlocked S9+ with 256GB storage so don't feel a need to. Battery life has been great on the Pie Beta I'm running and I'm wary of first-gen tech they will be putting in like the in-display FPS. Don't mind the already thin bezels and another couple of cameras isn't a big deal. Maybe I'll get the S11+ once all the kinks are worked out.
    01-25-2019 10:43 AM
    The G6 and G7 are fantastic devices. And LG stepped up their game with the V40's P-OLED display. LG makes solid phones.
    You should get oneplus 6t
    01-25-2019 01:06 PM
    You should get oneplus 6t
    I'll get what I want, but thanks.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    01-25-2019 01:31 PM
    LG did me right with the V10, repairing it for free outside the warranty.

I owe them a good look again.
    01-25-2019 04:01 PM
    I'll get what I want, but thanks.
    Life is gone.
    01-26-2019 11:32 AM
    So much good competition out there right now. I won't be paying premium for any pretty faced phone.

There's only one important thing for any phone me right now , BATTERY Life.
    Sn0man likes this.
    01-26-2019 02:07 PM
    Upon closer inspection, though I *want* to like the S10, I dislike the hole-punch notch. Makes me feel like I used a hole-punch tool on my phone.
    SuperLeakTX likes this.
    01-26-2019 02:27 PM
    So much good competition out there right now. I won't be paying premium for any pretty faced phone.

I dont think battery will be a problem
    01-28-2019 04:54 PM
    Upon closer inspection, though I *want* to like the S10, I dislike the hole-punch notch. Makes me feel like I used a hole-punch tool on my phone.
    sure, wish they would have some crazy wallpaper, so it will make the holes "Gone"
    01-28-2019 04:54 PM

I miss replaceable batteries.

But there are relatively compact external battery packs to carry around. I top off all the time.
    02-06-2019 09:12 PM
    I'll jump in as well. S9 unlocked ( my first unlocked) on VZ and the S9 has been a fabulous phone. Updates are usually a few weeks behind and I'm just not that impatient that an update is a life changing experience if I have to wait. That being said, I haven't really seen any big advantage to unlocked other than to switch carriers and no plans on that any time in the future. Probably will just go with the carrier version next time.

A little iffy on updating to the S10, it's pretty damn expensive and I don't like using a payment plan. Have to see what the S9 to S10 trade-in looks like with Samsung, which by the way was effortless with my S7e last Spring. I tend to be an early adopter and some of the tech coming out after the S10 looks interesting so I may wait through my two OS update cycle on my S9. We'll see how compelling the features and the trade-in program for the S10 work out....

Let me just say my Samsung device experience over the years has been flawless and I love the integration with the Samsung TVs in the house through SmartView. Very pleased with their products....
    02-07-2019 08:48 AM
    No. I'll be moving on to another brand. My experience with the S9+ has soured me on samsung. Seems a lot of people like these phones, but apart from its slightly faster speed I dont see what's so great about them. Maybe they love the horrible software?
    02-07-2019 10:53 AM
    I keep reading about the S10 series and and I do want the S10 plus now I think. After reading about not really needing 5G phone right now I guess I could wait. I just read something that showed 5 phones a 5G and one called the bolt. I keep reading so many different things. But after reading post here again I guess I don't need the 5G phone I have Sprint and who knows when 5G will be here and I am sure I will be fine with the S10 plus. I have 64 gigs now so it will be nice to have 128 but I read the 512 will have more Ram but not sure if I want to spend the extra money.

I should be getting another $450 gift card to Best Buy through this work thing and then I'll sell my unlocked S9 Plus which I own outright and be good. So if I have to spend a little of my own money I will and I may get the 512 will see once the prices actually come out but now I am leaning away from the 5G one. I do love my 9 plus though so I know I'm gonna love the 10 plus. Can't wait till Feb. 20th to watch the live event.
    02-08-2019 06:46 PM
    Giving serious consideration to moving away from Samsung this year. I'm considering the S10+ but am also looking at the One plus 7. Will wait a few months to see what is out or about to come out and will decide tgen.
    Which carriers carry the One Plus? I am always seeing stuff about that phone.
    02-08-2019 06:47 PM
    Which carriers carry the One Plus? I am always seeing stuff about that phone.
    In the states, it's available for purchase on contract at T-Mobile.
    02-08-2019 07:03 PM
    I dont think battery will be a problem
    Me neither I get decent battery on my 9 Plus and never have to charge my battery at work like I did my 7 edge and sometimes my Note 8. My signal at work is bad down in the basement of the hospital I work at but I stay on Wifi but still I always used to have to charge my phone at work and the S10 Pl;us should have a 4000 at least and I think now I have 3400 so I am expecting it to be pretty good.
    02-09-2019 10:24 AM
    In the states, it's available for purchase on contract at T-Mobile.
    Oh Thanks! I hear about the One Plus all the time but I'm with Sprint. Do they make an unlocked version that would work on other carriers or does the carrier have to carry it for it to actual work? Just Curious about it cause I hear so much about it but I am loving Samsung right now and will probably get the S10 Plus.
    gendo667 likes this.
    02-09-2019 10:27 AM
    Oh Thanks! I hear about the One Plus all the time but I'm with Sprint. Do they make an unlocked version that would work on other carriers or does the carrier have to carry it for it to actual work? Just Curious about it cause I hear so much about it but I am loving Samsung right now and will probably get the S10 Plus.
    The unlocked 6T is compatible with Verizon. I don't recall reading about compatibility with Sprint.
    02-09-2019 10:38 AM
98 ... 234