Will you update to S10?

SuperLeakTX

Dec 15, 2018
Visit site
Guys, Galaxy S9 series have been great.
Now Samsung S10 series are coming, how many will you update? why?

And how many will keep the s9? why?

scottbeamer

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I'll be getting an S10+, because I like shiny new things, and I have a plan with my carrier where you can upgrade after having paid off 50% (12 payments) of the price of your phone, with no down payment.

You do have to turn in your current phone, though.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
That's the plan, though I'll be looking at OnePlus and LG in the spring as well. Keeping my options open.

Still rolling with the S8 here.

Last edited:

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm keeping my s9+ for a few years.

When I upgrade, I'd rather be blown away by all the new features, versus the feeling of just a slight bump from one version to the very next version.

Just my preference...:-*

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Nope. The S9 is perfectly fine for me until the S11 comes out. I keep my phones for two years so I don't have to trade them in, and nowadays I find myself not really needing the max power of these devices for my uses. I normally just browse around apps and a few games. I'm actually considering just getting a Note 10 when the Note 11 comes out. LOL. My carrier usually still keeps around last year's model and sells it off with a tablet (They currently have the Note 8 + Tab A 2017 for $25 monthly LOL, should have waited for it but I needed the phone last April).

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I also keep my phones as long as possible. I am happy with my S9 and as long as it functions correctly and is still getting updates I will keep it. Now my last phone, a S6 was just about 2.5 years old but it had some issues so I upgraded.

Adam Frix

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
No, not if the rumors are true about the monstrous size.

That, plus the fact that my S9+ is a great piece, keeps me in place for awhile.

Should the S9+ break or whatever, I'll be forced to look. But a large size would make me take a close look at alternatives.

I am dismayed by the idea that the bigger the specs, the bigger the screen. Frankly, I like Sony's approach--they separate screen size from technical specs, and make high end phones in a smaller format.

Bbtz84

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
I plan on getting the s10+ I like to have latest and greatest especially having a little one and have pictures that blow me away

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Most likely yes. Especially if the S10 is the significant upgrade it's supposed to be. Otherwise I'll pick up an s9+ instead.

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
How can you make this decision until you actually know that Samsung is offering? If the improvement's beyond the S9 & S9+ are significant enough to justify the cost then it's likely many will change. The thing that would do it for me is a back to a flat screen enough of this curve already.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
How can you make this decision until you actually know that Samsung is offering? If the improvement's beyond the S9 & S9+ are significant enough to justify the cost then it's likely many will change. The thing that would do it for me is a back to a flat screen enough of this curve already.

S10 Lite will have same internals, flat screen, smaller than the regular S10, and power button mounted fingerprint scanner.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I am very likely to upgrade. Will probably give my S9+ to my wife, and get the S10+ for myself. Although the idea of a flat screened S10 lite does intrigue me.
Yes. Considering it supposedly has the same SoC, and missing just the in display FPS and 2 cameras instead of 3, it might actually be a best seller. It's going to have a 5.8inch screen same as the smaller S9. The question though is the RAM. I'm guessing it may just have 4GB since it's labeled 'lite'. But honestly after 8mos with the 4GB on the S9 and 2 years with the 4GB on the S7, it seems enough.