Is the s9 wider than s8? And more durable?
    01-01-2019 09:45 PM
    I moved this from the Galaxy S forum (for the ancient original S phone) to the S9 forum for more specific traffic.
    03-28-2019 12:49 PM
    They are the same width and height. The side power button is moved slightly (up or down, I can't remember).

More durable?

Really?

It's all glass front and back. It's as durable as a Pringles potato chip.

Look at it wrong and the corner will crush into powder.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    03-28-2019 09:56 PM
    Here's a detailed comparison: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...&idPhone2=8161. The dimensions are very close, but not quite -- so cases aren't interchangeable.
    03-28-2019 10:02 PM
    Here's a detailed comparison: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php...&idPhone2=8161. The dimensions are very close, but not quite -- so cases aren't interchangeable.
    But question is I have the s8" would it be a waste of money to get an s9
    04-19-2019 08:02 PM
    But question is I have the s8" would it be a waste of money to get an s9
    Yes. The S9 has maybe 30% better performance and better battery efficiency. The camera is better in low light and the fingerprint sensor is placed better. For day to day usage, that's the only difference you'll notice. If you go S9+, you get an additional second camera and more RAM, but that's it.
    It's never been really a good use of money to upgrade yearly IMO. The price doesn't equate to the minimal differences. Moving to an S10 however would be a better use of money if you plan to upgrade and keep the phone for another two years at least.
    mmcclure0453 likes this.
    04-19-2019 08:28 PM
    I have been successful following this strategy for years with Samsung never buy the even number phones example S10. They put all the new technology into the even number phones then the odd numbers don't get much change just everything that was a problem get's fixed or improved. The S8 is a great phone but the S9 is an improvement. Is it worth spending the money to change "NO" is it a better phone "YES" If you can stand waiting the S11 should be the best choice.
    missmotta likes this.
    04-20-2019 10:01 AM
    I definitely believe it is more durable, the s9.
    The bevels are less pronounced so the screen has better integrity. I skipped over the s8 for this very reason. I have a Spigen ultra hybrid case on my s9, and I've dropped it countless times and it's fine! I think the s9 may be slightly narrower as well, but you could easily Google a spec comparison to find out
    04-27-2019 08:57 AM