I can't for the life of me find a way to transfer video from my Galaxy S9 to my PC. I'm using the USB cable that came with this phone and I can transfer jpg files but not video. When I connect the cable to my PC I'm given the option (on my phone) of using it to transfer media or images. When I select the 'media' option nothing happens, when I select the 'images' option a file appears on my PC in Windows Explorer and I can view my files, but ONLY my jpg files. If I select the 'media' option on my phone to transfer video the folder disappears on my computer and I have no access to ANY files on my phone. I'm at a loss as to what to do. My video is still on my phone but I've no way of getting it onto my PC. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    01-02-2019 05:51 PM
    Not a classy solution, but upload the file to Drive, then go to Drive on the PC and download it.
    pontiac005 likes this.
    01-02-2019 07:35 PM
    Thanks for your message. What is 'Drive'? Where do I find it on my computer?
    01-03-2019 11:06 AM
    01-03-2019 02:30 PM
    On your phone just open the video, click the share icon, then just select the "Save to Drive" icon.
    01-03-2019 02:35 PM
    Buy a USBC adapter that holds SD, SDXC type cards.
    Sneaker net to PC. You'll have a backup that way.

Some go to the trouble removing their SDXC card, but probably want to avoid that.

I recommend a Samdisk Extreme Pro 256GB or even the $249 400GB.

Have you enabled and looked in Developer Option on your phone for USB options.

Your PC should be NTFS. You could use Samsung Smart Sync or ATF as well. But I would do as suggested and not use older Windows method you're using now.

Google Photos and OneDrive can automatically backup all your photos and video for for.
    01-03-2019 02:46 PM
    Thanks to everyone for their comments. I contacted Samsung Support and they have a dedicated phone service for the Galaxy S9 phone. Turns out my Windows 7 computer won't allow Samsung's drivers to load so when I connect my phone to my PC it can't detect any video on my phone. The solution suggested by Samsung Support is to take my micro SD card out of my phone and put it into my computer and my videos will show. It's a bit of a fiddle but I've done it and I now have my videos on my phone. Many thanks to everyone who can replied to me here.
    01-04-2019 06:52 PM