S9+ Ignores "none" setting in the email app to cc/bcc myself

randynjaimie

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
I am annoyed by having the stock Samsung email app creating a cc to myself every time I reply to an email from someone else. I checked the "Cc/Bcc Myself" setting for all of my email accounts set up in the app, and all are set to "none". How do I make it stop?

I found a thread in the S5 forums dating back to 2015 where someone else had this very same issue. I tried the same solutions to no avail, so I figure there is a known explanation by now, and hopefully a solution.

Anyone know?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Wow, that is super annoying. I only briefly used the stock Samsung email app back when I had my S4 so I'm afraid I won't be much help but if you can't figure it out, you can always use a third party email app. I've been using Aquamail since 2013. It cost a couple dollars for the full version but there are other free ones you could trie like K9 or Blue mail.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
No idea. But nuke it, remove account(s) and any app settings, in Settings. It shouldn't.

Are you using Gmail account? Try Gmail. Also login to the web version. You can make changes there.

Might it have been something to do with setup and restore?

In Settings, check what accounts are setup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek