This evening a Google Play App Update notification appeared which informed me an update for Verizon Call Filter is available. Since I did not recognize that app, I checked to see if it showed up in Settings\Apps, and Verizon Call Filter is not listed.

I toggled on the "Show system apps " view, and did not see Verizon Call Filter. I don't know if any of the com.verizon.* or com.vzw System Apps are related, nor the vzw_msdc_api, or VZW_Multicast_MW have any potential correlation to Verizon Call Filter. I am also assuming that Verizon Location Agent is unrelated.

Anyone else get the Google Play App Update notification, or see Verizon Call Filter in your S9/S9+ (Verizon version)?

I see in the Update description "Whats New" section that a prior app/product was renamed to Verizon Call Filter. So what is/was the prior app/products name?
    01-09-2019 10:49 PM
    Caller Name ID.

I have mine disabled, but when I went into the play store "Caller Name ID" isn't listed, but "Verizon Call Filter" is there and disabled.
    Trees likes this.
    01-10-2019 08:23 AM
    Good to know, mystery solved. I looked closely at the Caller Name ID app icon in Settings/Apps and now see the tiny red Verizon check mark. Totally missed that before.
    01-11-2019 06:59 AM