Duplicate Physical Addresses in Google Contacts

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I recently upgraded from S6 to S9+. Restored from back up and Smart Switch, everything went very smoothly. However, I have now noticed that all of my physical addresses have been duplicated on Google Contacts. Not the contact itself, just the physical address within the contact. No other information was duplicated in the contact.

Anyone heard of this happening? Is there a quick fix? Or do I have to physically delete each additional address within the contact?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like a partial merge of duplicate contacts. Manually fixing each one (doing it at Google Contacts is easier), then doing a backup od all your contacts will make it a lot easier next time.

mwburden

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded from S7 Edge to S10e. Same problem. All my contacts have the address listed twice.

I may need to learn Android app programming just so I can write an app to fix this. :-\

D.P.G.

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It's absolutely annoying. Only way to resolve is log into your Google Contact's with a Windows PC and edit each one individually. I had to do 539 if you try to edit from an Android device they come right back. Make sure you only have Google set to sync contacts on all your devices or it will just keep happening. You can turn contact sync off for all other cloud services in the setting account menu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781