Device Maintenance

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
After the 9.0 Pie update the device maintenance app was really fast for like a week, after that week... when I click on the app its going to control the device, it will keep loading , loading at 95% and after 2/3 minuts I will get a notification at 100%.. Screenshot_20190114-001750_Device%20care.jpg

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
After any update it's a good idea to wipe cache partition to freshen up the device as clean it the debris from the previous version...start there

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Doesnt do anything. Allready cleared cache app and forced to stop, after I rebooted phone with wipe cache partition, still same promblem..
After any update it's a good idea to wipe cache partition to freshen up the device as clean it the debris from the previous version...start there

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Its checking 4 categories.
It may not have really been enabled before.

I usually skip to one section like battery. Not a fan of cleaning apps.

ainax

Jan 14, 2019
Visit site
Also wiped the cache and I have the same "problem". I though it was because I switch to XEF region but if you didn't switch...

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Assuming there is a problem is the problem.
Assuming an earlier behavior during beta and thinking that was the right behavior. It wasn't.
Assuming it is possible to analyze battery, storage, memory and security in less time.
To what end?
During the early beta it was a placeholder for a feature but dummy, not performing real analysis and not to be trusted.

A "problem" built on a false premise.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Assuming an earlier behavior during beta and thinking that was the right behavior. It wasn't.
Assuming it is possible to analyze battery, storage, memory and security in less time.
To what end?
During the early beta it was a placeholder for a feature but dummy, not performing real analysis and not to be trusted.

I've reported this in the beta feedback awhile ago and screen shots with logs so they have it will they fix it dont know .

ainax

Jan 14, 2019
Visit site
To what end?

The maintenance app is almost the same than in Oreo, where it was working well with a progression circle going from 0 to 100%. Now there are only two states: 95% and 100%, and may take more time. Something is not going normally.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think it's the nature of the beta things are going be with glitches.
That's something that most people don't realize. A beta isn't "I'm going to get the new version earlier", it's "I'm installing firmware that probably still has bugs, and I'm supposed to report those bugs to the manufacturer".

People who don't want to play with possibly-buggy phones shouldn't download betas. (I can - I've been developing things like this for almost half a century - but I never download a beta. I want a working phone. If I don't have some great new function for a few months, so be it, but if I don't have a working phone for a few months ... are they going to extend the warranty for a few months, and extend my life for a few months?)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's something that most people don't realize. A beta isn't "I'm going to get the new version earlier", it's "I'm installing firmware that probably still has bugs, and I'm supposed to report those bugs to the manufacturer".

People who don't want to play with possibly-buggy phones shouldn't download betas. (I can - I've been developing things like this for almost half a century - but I never download a beta. I want a working phone. If I don't have some great new function for a few months, so be it, but if I don't have a working phone for a few months ... are they going to extend the warranty for a few months, and extend my life for a few months?)

I agree , and they even state that if your going to download beta you'll experience bugs . I do it to help give feedback hopefully when stable version comes out there wont be so much trouble. I have plenty of device's to fall back while I'm in beta so I'm lucky that way . But just to be in it to say I have it not wise if your only phone. But I've been doing this for pixels,Samsung,1+6,iPhones for long time .

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I agree , and they even state that if your going to download beta you'll experience bugs . I do it to help give feedback hopefully when stable version comes out there wont be so much trouble. I have plenty of device's to fall back while I'm in beta so I'm lucky that way . But just to be in it to say I have it not wise if your only phone. But I've been doing this for pixels,Samsung,1+6,iPhones for long time .

I'm a sucker for betas and actually enjoy them. I am however, lucky to have an extra phone to fall back on.

ainax

Jan 14, 2019
Visit site
You don't realize that Pie has been released for S9: no beta here.

lfeYAmM.jpg