After the 9.0 Pie update the device maintenance app was really fast for like a week, after that week... when I click on the app its going to control the device, it will keep loading , loading at 95% and after 2/3 minuts I will get a notification at 100%.. Device Maintenance-screenshot_20190114-001750_device-20care.jpg
    01-13-2019 06:20 PM
    After the 9.0 Pie update the device maintenance app was really fast for like a week, after that week... when I click on the app its going to control the device, it will keep loading , loading at 95% and after 2/3 minuts I will get a notification at 100%.. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190114-001750_Device%20care.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	296796
    Same happens on my note 9 pie beta
    GS5TR likes this.
    01-13-2019 06:29 PM
    Same on my 9+ beta 4
    mustang7757 and GS5TR like this.
    01-13-2019 07:42 PM
    After any update it's a good idea to wipe cache partition to freshen up the device as clean it the debris from the previous version...start there
    01-13-2019 10:23 PM
    Doesnt do anything. Allready cleared cache app and forced to stop, after I rebooted phone with wipe cache partition, still same promblem..
    After any update it's a good idea to wipe cache partition to freshen up the device as clean it the debris from the previous version...start there
    01-14-2019 07:50 AM
    Its checking 4 categories.
    It may not have really been enabled before.

I usually skip to one section like battery. Not a fan of cleaning apps.
    Rukbat and GS5TR like this.
    01-14-2019 08:09 AM
    Also wiped the cache and I have the same "problem". I though it was because I switch to XEF region but if you didn't switch...
    GS5TR likes this.
    01-14-2019 08:21 AM
    I think it's the nature of the beta things are going be with glitches.
    mary beth hale and GS5TR like this.
    01-14-2019 10:00 AM
    Exactly.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-14-2019 10:24 AM
    So no I'm using the final version of Pie which is already available on the S9 in my country (France).
    GS5TR likes this.
    01-14-2019 03:03 PM
    So no I'm using the final version of Pie which is already available on the S9 in my country (France).
    You probably have to wait for the 2nd one they rolled out supposed to add some things back and fixes
    GS5TR likes this.
    01-14-2019 04:05 PM
    Assuming there is a problem is the problem.
    Assuming an earlier behavior during beta and thinking that was the right behavior. It wasn't.
    Assuming it is possible to analyze battery, storage, memory and security in less time.
    To what end?
    During the early beta it was a placeholder for a feature but dummy, not performing real analysis and not to be trusted.

A "problem" built on a false premise.
    GS5TR likes this.
    01-14-2019 04:46 PM
    Assuming an earlier behavior during beta and thinking that was the right behavior. It wasn't.
    Assuming it is possible to analyze battery, storage, memory and security in less time.
    To what end?
    During the early beta it was a placeholder for a feature but dummy, not performing real analysis and not to be trusted.

I've reported this in the beta feedback awhile ago and screen shots with logs so they have it will they fix it dont know .
    01-14-2019 04:59 PM
    To what end?

The maintenance app is almost the same than in Oreo, where it was working well with a progression circle going from 0 to 100%. Now there are only two states: 95% and 100%, and may take more time. Something is not going normally.
    01-15-2019 08:03 AM
    Don't give up, they'll push an update.
    01-15-2019 08:16 AM
    That's something that most people don't realize. A beta isn't "I'm going to get the new version earlier", it's "I'm installing firmware that probably still has bugs, and I'm supposed to report those bugs to the manufacturer".

People who don't want to play with possibly-buggy phones shouldn't download betas. (I can - I've been developing things like this for almost half a century - but I never download a beta. I want a working phone. If I don't have some great new function for a few months, so be it, but if I don't have a working phone for a few months ... are they going to extend the warranty for a few months, and extend my life for a few months?)
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-15-2019 04:38 PM
    That's something that most people don't realize. A beta isn't "I'm going to get the new version earlier", it's "I'm installing firmware that probably still has bugs, and I'm supposed to report those bugs to the manufacturer".

People who don't want to play with possibly-buggy phones shouldn't download betas. (I can - I've been developing things like this for almost half a century - but I never download a beta. I want a working phone. If I don't have some great new function for a few months, so be it, but if I don't have a working phone for a few months ... are they going to extend the warranty for a few months, and extend my life for a few months?)
    I agree , and they even state that if your going to download beta you'll experience bugs . I do it to help give feedback hopefully when stable version comes out there wont be so much trouble. I have plenty of device's to fall back while I'm in beta so I'm lucky that way . But just to be in it to say I have it not wise if your only phone. But I've been doing this for pixels,Samsung,1+6,iPhones for long time .
    01-15-2019 04:51 PM
    I agree , and they even state that if your going to download beta you'll experience bugs . I do it to help give feedback hopefully when stable version comes out there wont be so much trouble. I have plenty of device's to fall back while I'm in beta so I'm lucky that way . But just to be in it to say I have it not wise if your only phone. But I've been doing this for pixels,Samsung,1+6,iPhones for long time .
    I'm a sucker for betas and actually enjoy them. I am however, lucky to have an extra phone to fall back on.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-15-2019 05:47 PM
    You don't realize that Pie has been released for S9: no beta here.

01-16-2019 09:12 AM
    You don't realize that Pie has been released for S9: no beta here.

https://i.imgur.com/lfeYAmM.jpg
    You have the international version your lucky , us in the USA still on Beta version
    mary beth hale likes this.
    01-17-2019 10:36 AM
    I can confirm this. I just got the Pie update yesterday and this started happening. It sits at 95% for about a minute then it goes to 100%.
    01-27-2019 09:31 AM